druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: It's been a long time since they rock and rolled

Post by druz15 »

fuck all the melbourne tix are sold out. will def get it on disc though, looks incredible
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I just got back from the WORLD PREEEEEEMYEEERE!!!! of Celebration Day courtesy of my bro-in-law and his magic dialling fingers that won him two tickets from a radio station.

It's really good.

Robert Plant takes some of the songs in new directions, stays out of trouble and is very Robert Plant the whole time. Sometimes like a young Robert, sometimes more like his later voice.
Jimmy Page does exactly what you want him to. Loose and sloppy, cutting tone, a bit of slide, a bit of theremin. He plays the faded cherry '59, a brown-ish one, a black Custom with a Bigsby, a Super 400 (or similar) for slide, a red '70s LP with a b-bender and an SG double-neck. Maybe something else, I can't remember.
JPJ rocks a Manson 4-string, a fretless P-bass, an Alembic 8-string and a bunch of keyboards. He gets a slightly raw deal in the mix, it could have been a lot bassier.
Jason Bonham gets a bunch of attention from his bandmates and cheers from the crowd. He does a super job and clearly has the time of his life. His drumming seems more technical and less powerful than his dad's. Just a little bit.

Sound and vision is excellent. I wish they'd had the volume up a lot more in the cinema. It's Led flippin' Zeppelin!! Even Star Wars sounds loud and huge in the movies, Led Zep should get a cranking. I think it did get louder towards the end, mind you. And the band got better as they went along.

**** (four asterisks out of five)
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand