It's been a long time since they rock and rolled

An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

Daza152
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: It's been a long time since they rock and rolled

Post by Daza152 »

sizzlingbadger wrote:Very cool....

If I hadn't emigrated to NZ in 2005 I would have been in that crowd.
Is this a DVD of the concert that had 20 million apply for tickets and only 18,000 were selected to go? I much want to see that!! :thumbup: But I don't have home theatre :(

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Capt. Black wrote:It's true, he can't hit the high notes any more. But I've seen most of the concert on YouTube in a surprisingly well cut together video, made up of a whole bunch of audience bootlegs. It was a pretty bloody good show. :)
No doubt, theres a place for them...somewhere a place for them.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think the musical side of things sounds amazing, Rob's vocals aren't that bad, I'll definitely spend some bandwidth on it :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Robert's comments go down like a led balloon.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=10839565
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

I remember some guitar mag interview with Page where they asked a question he didn't like and the reply was "there's a hole in the wall called a door. Use it.". end of interview
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

their talking voices sound funny :mrgreen:

I don't know why people keep asking for a full reunion tour....It will never happen, and should never happen because someone is missing....It's like the talk of a pantera tour with zakk on guitar, a really stupid idea
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

"So you guys practised for 6 weeks - You building up to anything else?"
"Dude, that was 5 years ago... let it go".
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Zeppelin have always been press shy and intolerant. Some of their old interviews are worth a look, pretty much the same as this. Ask stupid questions and get stupid answers.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

Scooter13 wrote:Zeppelin have always been press shy and intolerant. Some of their old interviews are worth a look, pretty much the same as this. Ask stupid questions and get stupid answers.
But the Press really do have some stupid questions. I saw a recent Depeche Mode European press conference and I swear, had I been in the Band, I would have behaved very badly. The thought of having to endure that kind of idiocy several times a day for weeks would test the calm of Buddha himself.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

It's not very clever though, is it?

I just watched a Soundgarden interview where the reporter asked them (after a very bland interview) if they had eaten anything interesting lately and Chris Cornell (straight face) launched straight into a story about how he had just eaten a lasagne that had a human hand under the topping... to which Ben Shepherd jumped straight in with how it had a chain attached to the bottom of the dish which was attached to the planet that he was also munching on.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

slowfingers wrote:
Scooter13 wrote:Zeppelin have always been press shy and intolerant. Some of their old interviews are worth a look, pretty much the same as this. Ask stupid questions and get stupid answers.
But the Press really do have some stupid questions. I saw a recent Depeche Mode European press conference and I swear, had I been in the Band, I would have behaved very badly. The thought of having to endure that kind of idiocy several times a day for weeks would test the calm of Buddha himself.
Agree.

Reminds me of the interview with Michael Gambon on Top Gear:

Jeremy: You are actually quite famous, aren’t you, for making stuff up in interviews?
Michael: Stories. Yeah, well you have to. I hate interviews.
Jeremy: Oh god, sorry!
Michael: Well I do, I mean it’s awful so I just tell lies.
Jeremy: I know you did once tell an interviewer you were a member of the royal ballet.
Michael: Yeah, I said I was a ballet dancer at the royal ballet. What are you laughing at?! And he said why did you give it up, I said I fell off the stage at the opera house and went through a kettle drum.
Jeremy: Then you told someone else you were gay.
Michael: Yes. I said I was gay, the man said you played Oscar - I played Oscar Wilde - he said, did you find that difficult? I said no, I didn’t. He said what about the homosexuality, so that annoyed me and I said, well I found that very easy because I used to be a homosexual. And he was so thick, you know, he said - I said, but I was forced to give it up, and then he asked the question, he said, oh why was that? Why was that? I said coz it made my eyes water. And I thought he’d laugh, but he didn’t. He just wrote it down.
Jeremy: So there’s those press junkets as well, where you go round telling lies. There’s a marvelous opportunity for telling lies in those - where they launch a film. Don’t you have to move round actors?
Michael: You get an interview every ten minutes with a video camera and they queue up outside the door in some posh hotel, but all us actors before we do it, we give each other tasks. One of my tasks on Sleepy Hollow, Johnny Depp told me I had to get Claudia Schiffer’s knickers into my reply for each question. Every question.
Jeremy: Every question? And did you manage it?
Michael: Easy!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

I love that interview. :lol: Gambon reminds me of my favourite Uncle; sometimes I think they're twins. My uncle is the funniest and most subversive person I've ever met.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Billy Gibbons is known for fictional answers in interviews
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Scooter13 wrote:
slowfingers wrote: But the Press really do have some stupid questions. I saw a recent Depeche Mode European press conference and I swear, had I been in the Band, I would have behaved very badly. The thought of having to endure that kind of idiocy several times a day for weeks would test the calm of Buddha himself.
Slightly O/T but something that amazes me is the patience of ordinary people. You get those news items where some guy has come home to find his whole family butchered, his house burnt down and someone has keyed his car. Just for good measure. And the journalist invariably asks, "how do you feel?"

I'm always hoping someone will reply "how the fuck do you THINK I feel, you cretin?!?!" but no, people are always very stoic and say things like "Well, I'm a little upset..."
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

I think I'd like to go and see this at the cinema before getting it on Blu-Ray, but knowing my ineptitude I probably won't co-ordinate it properly and will miss it.

I do have to say though that seeing Flight 666 on the big screen was absolutely awesome and I think this might be seriously worth it.

It's on next Thursday (18th) at 7:30 in Riccarton, any of the other CHCH based crew fancy going along?