Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Paul Gilbert Lessons

Post by jeremyb »

Seems to be a fair few people doing these, whose stuck with them and what do you think now?

http://artistworks.com/guitar-lessons-paul-gilbert
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Paul Gilbert Lessons

Post by Scooter13 »

They are very good if you put the time and practice in, and submit the videos as well as watching the other VEs. Admittedly it's taken me over a year to get through the beginner stuff, mostly because I did all the Video Exchanges. If I'd just done the beginner lessons alone I could of breezed through the beginner course in a week or two, but I wouldn't have learnt much. It's been very good to strengthen my basics and make them "indestructible" as Paul says.

I think they are worth it if you can discipline yourself to work on the things he teaches. If not, then a real tutor might be a better bet. Some Video submissions are painfully obvious that the person hasn't done the work in the beginner section.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

I've stopped doing them now, I need to get around to renewing my subscription.

At first I just watched other peoples uploads, the lessons videos, and never made my own submissions. Once I submitted my own videos I got some good tips on small things that Paul picked up on (outside of the stuff I wanted him to look at when I sent the video in).

If you're going to sign up I recommend you make sure you regularly submit videos for Paul to look at.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Scooter13 wrote:They are very good if you put the time and practice in, and submit the videos as well as watching the other VEs.
^This. I wasted the first half of my subscription just looking at random lessons and VE's. Once I made sure I had a regular practice schedule and started uploading videos I got way more out of it and it definitely improved my playing.