Clarky
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: SHIHAD

Post by Clarky »

Nice wite up John. Good to see you and your incredibly hot missus last night JB. :D

Hori Buzz (ex Weta?) did a great job of warming the crowd up with some very tasty loop-accompanied solo blues based comedy riffage.

What incredible sound. I wasn't sure how they would pull off the massive, relentless sound of the new album live, but they nailed it - and some. I was three back from the barriers right in front of Karl all night. Everyone down there was rocking pretty hard while respecting those around them, and security did a fantastic job of quickly evacuating the dicks who like to deliberately stir shit by pushing and bashing into everyone around them. Amazing to see big struggling guys being dragged smoothly and efficiently over the barriers in a vice-like headlock.

Great concert from a true world class rock act. :congrats:
Attachments
2_800x449.JPG
Konx om Pax

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Clarky wrote:Nice wite up John. Good to see you and your incredibly hot missus last night JB. :D

Hori Buzz (ex Weta?) did a great job of warming the crowd up with some very tasty loop-accompanied solo blues based comedy riffage.

What incredible sound. I wasn't sure how they would pull off the massive, relentless sound of the new album live, but they nailed it - and some. I was three back from the barriers right in front of Karl all night. Everyone down there was rocking pretty hard while respecting those around them, and security did a fantastic job of quickly evacuating the dicks who like to deliberately stir shit by pushing and bashing into everyone around them. Amazing to see big struggling guys being dragged smoothly and efficiently over the barriers in a vice-like headlock.

Great concert from a true world class rock act. :congrats:
Ahoribuzz played at womad this year. I'm not sure what his name is, but I really like his guitar playing. he was great at womad - really put a good hi energy show.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Aaron Tokona, killer guitar player, and yep, he was the main dude in Weta, also if you haven't heard his other band Cairo Knife Fight you should!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

jeremyb wrote:Aaron Tokona, killer guitar player, and yep, he was the main dude in Weta, also if you haven't heard his other band Cairo Knife Fight you should!!
He's great in that band too, isn't he
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

Aaron Tokona one of, if not my fav NZ muso. Such a talent, funny as too. I sometimes wish he kept going with Weta, I reckon that band could have pumped out the hits over the years!
Little by little, by hook or by crook

niceguyollie
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by niceguyollie »

AiRdAd wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Aaron Tokona, killer guitar player, and yep, he was the main dude in Weta, also if you haven't heard his other band Cairo Knife Fight you should!!
Aaron isn't in Cairo Knife Fight anymore. He has been replaced by Joel Haines.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

SHIHAD

Post by TmcB »

niceguyollie wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
Aaron isn't in Cairo Knife Fight anymore. He has been replaced by Joel Haines.
Whaaaaaat?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

niceguyollie
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by niceguyollie »

Nick Gaffaney (vocalist/drummer) really wanted to push CKF overseas, but Aaron didn't want to uproot his life here and be spending months on the road away from his family. Everything is cool between them, they've just headed in different directions.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Aaron is one of my favourite kiwi musos- lovely, slightly crazy man, KILLER guitarist and did I mention what a lovely man? I've been lucky enough to do sound for him once and it's one of those gigs that was an absolute honor to do

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

That Rezlord video is fuxed up. I'm a bit disturbed that got NZ on Air funding but you know, if fully nude chick murdering a dude in the bath is your bag then go for it.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

TmcB wrote:That Rezlord video is fuxed up. I'm a bit disturbed that got NZ on Air funding but you know, if fully nude chick murdering a dude in the bath is your bag then go for it.
Well actually...
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Polar Bear wrote:
TmcB wrote:That Rezlord video is fuxed up. I'm a bit disturbed that got NZ on Air funding but you know, if fully nude chick murdering a dude in the bath is your bag then go for it.
Well actually...
You can't talk about that video and not post a link to it.... how rude! Never mind I've found it.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Remastered Killjoy out today, just grabbed it on iTunes, sounds pretty good so far!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

jeremyb wrote:Remastered Killjoy out today, just grabbed it on iTunes, sounds pretty good so far!
So I take it John's vocals are more prominent in the mix now?

I read he was so self concious of his voice in the early days, he insisted they be mixed low.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

jeremyb wrote:Remastered Killjoy out today, just grabbed it on iTunes, sounds pretty good so far!
Oooh thanks for the reminder JB, need to get that.
Was my first exposure to Shihad back in 5th form, what a great moment that was.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."