Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Buckethead

Post by Bg »

well mongoloid could be argued in some quarters as being a little off colour lol
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Id forgotten about Mongoloid......Imagine someone putting that lyric out today!

I guess she would be the Girl You Didn't Want!

absolute apologies to anyone out there with any personal connection to this topic
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

and wasn't whip it about masturbation or is that a popular 'misconception'

pun intended ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

well its one way to get Satisfaction.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

I like the idea he wears a bucket, its art isn't it?

We are looking at this wrong I think. The bucket being inverted on his head is symbollock of how we humanoids have turned the poor chickens life upside down. While we may put the their dead meat in a bucket (live chickens don't sit still), its actually us who are in the bucket, but we just don't know it. Therefore metaphorically we are carrying a shroud of chicken guilt around with us and only see the world through that filtered veil of chickeness.

Apart from that I have most of his albums (well I got them from my son) and listen to them every now and then and I enjoy his stuff by and large. I had so much of his stuff that everytime I put my iPod on shuffle I would always get his stuff and I have 13k+ songs, go figure. Finally I removed his stuff off and now my life seems slightly more ordered :).

I am sure there is a long traditional of mask wearing in metal bands and the like, and it music aside is entertaining.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Moleman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Moleman »

sizzlingbadger wrote: For a guitarist that seems to have so much talent why does he play such shit music ?
Mate, you nailed it.

As far as I can tell, he is a very talented session guitarist who occasionally fills in for big bands (I think he was with Guns and Roses for a while, and I know he tried out for Ozzy Osbourne).

If you are willing to wade through the high pitched dreck on his solo albums, you will find flashes of brilliance though.
I recommend the songs Soothsayer, Big D's touch, and Running from the light.
I had to take him off my Ipod in the end as well. His music just didn't go with anything else.