Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Frank Zappa's Estate Auction

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Frank Zappa's Estate Auction

Post by chur »

There were some tasty old Marshall heads with estimates that didn't look too bad.. (imo)
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

jeremyb wrote:Some interesting stuff in here!

http://www.juliensauctions.com/images/a ... talog.html
Like the first row of Julien's staff?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

man I can't believe I went through every single page (well double page)....shit that they had all the music stuff at the end. It was like 180 pages of ugly arse shit before the good stuff :rofl: ...I mean seriously $200-$400 for a titty mug :wtf:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Titty mug be damned; JB did you miss lot 63? :wtf:

No wonder Zappa never did drugs if he lived in freakshow decor like that. :sick:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

He never did drugs???? WTF!!!!!!!! How could you have that kinda taste when you were straight all the time?!??!??!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:He never did drugs???? WTF!!!!!!!! How could you have that kinda taste when you were straight all the time?!??!??!
the real comment should be "oh now I see why he never did drugs...he is clearly insane already" :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Slowy wrote:
No wonder Zappa never did drugs if he lived in freakshow decor like that. :sick:
Yeah you'd never guess that music originated in Chinatown.
Given Frank shuffled off a while ago now maybe we should blame his missus for the gaudy $2 shop bling.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

I love the hippy rococo style. But the house got overstuffed. The wife must be a hoarder.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Dharmajester wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Yeah you'd never guess that music originated in Chinatown.
Given Frank shuffled off a while ago now maybe we should blame his missus for the gaudy $2 shop bling.
Wealthy woman with absent husband (always on tour) and plenty of time to fill? Looks like a stunning house and some of the pieces in isolation are fantastic, but it's madness clutter central.

A very interesting guy, Mr Zappa, very much in a good way. His music is too much for my tastes, but I've always enjoyed everything I've read about him or from him.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Pretty nice collection towards the end, Frank obviously liked Marshall's by the looks of it.

Neve studio consoles are the gold standard from everything I've read and heard, not sure how realistic the $30-$40k pricetag is considering it comes 'unassembled' ?!

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Neve studio consoles are the gold standard from everything I've read and heard, not sure how realistic the $30-$40k pricetag is considering it comes 'unassembled' ?!
They were always mentioned in hushed tones of awe when I was doing my audio engineering course at SAE. Way too long ago to remember the details, but there was apparently a particular valve-based Neve console that could pretty much guarantee a studio's success, if they had one. And of course the Abbey Road association helps, seem to remember a couple of 1/2 decent albums have been recorded there... :lol:
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Pretty nice collection towards the end, Frank obviously liked Marshall's by the looks of it.

Neve studio consoles are the gold standard from everything I've read and heard, not sure how realistic the $30-$40k pricetag is considering it comes 'unassembled' ?!
You need to disassemble them to move them anyway ;)