null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Re: Any EDM fans in the house?

Post by null_pointer »

EDM = Electronic Dance Music, Willow (and Rog, im sure you're wondering :p). As opposed to James Brown -> Rick James and MJ, stuff we'd term dance music :P

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

jeremyb wrote:More of a fan of the live band stuff rather than DJ's...shapeshifter, pendulum, qemists etc..
Just sold my TR-8 and TB-3 to Shapeshifter's manager. Not sure what that means about EDM.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

null_pointer wrote:Eagles of Death Metal are pretty much false advertising. They're people, not Eagles, and I wouldn't call them Metal either.
They are also pretty bigoted
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

druz15 wrote:
null_pointer wrote:Eagles of Death Metal are pretty much false advertising. They're people, not Eagles, and I wouldn't call them Metal either.
They are also pretty bigoted
Jesse went full retard after the Bataclan thing. I mean, he probably has some form of PTSD so perhaps its understandable, but its still awkward :/

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

KentNZ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:More of a fan of the live band stuff rather than DJ's...shapeshifter, pendulum, qemists etc..
Just sold my TR-8 and TB-3 to Shapeshifter's manager. Not sure what that means about EDM.
That it's epic? :mental:

So looks like my band is on extended hiatus for now, going to pursue some more electronic ideas for a while, mix in some post rock flavour, live guitars and bass and drums etc...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

jeremyb wrote:
KentNZ wrote:
That it's epic? :mental:

So looks like my band is on extended hiatus for now, going to pursue some more electronic ideas for a while, mix in some post rock flavour, live guitars and bass and drums etc...
Sounds like fun! You'll have your own YT channel in no time...
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

:lol: I just wanna get out gigging again, it's like a drug!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Hehe... I didn't even gig, I just had a few practices and I was hooked, you must be jonesing.

I actually have to get off my arse and write/record some stuff so I can get together something of my own...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sirvill wrote:Hehe... I didn't even gig, I just had a few practices and I was hooked, you must be jonesing.

I actually have to get off my arse and write/record some stuff so I can get together something of my own...
Yup!!!! Our drummer has health issues so we put gigging on the back burner and now the band is on hiatus... playing live is just so much fun!!! Really miss it :(

Keen for bigger things tho', hence the shift to more of an EDM kind of thing, bigger audiences and wider appeal etc, but without sacrificing my interests :)

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

yeah like some electronic stuff:

love Underworld, most stuff they've done, but the live album Everything Everything is a really good distillation of it all.

(didn't realise the whole show was up, checkout from 52:30 through till 1:16:00 BornSlippy/Rez/Cowgirl)

Love KLF Chillout

Not strictly dance, but simply a wonderful album and stunning to chill out or work to.

Like a lot of Fatboy Slim stuff, and loads of the Trance stuff from Ibiza over the years.

Fatboy Slim Brighton Beach set is a good CD

And now, for total DJ mashup and mixing, I love this (it was a live radio show, mixed live on Radio one I think)

[youtube]https://vimeo.com/93039571[/youtube]

(not sure if I can embed a Vimeo video)
https://vimeo.com/93039571

Spykerwolf
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Spykerwolf »

Drum n Bass all day any day

candiman
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by candiman »

Love a bit of dance.

I once went to Ibiza for 10 days during the season closing parties and have no recollection of sleeping. My cardiologist has advised I have 0% chance of surviving another trip.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

null_pointer wrote:EDM = Electronic Dance Music, Willow (and Rog, im sure you're wondering :p). As opposed to James Brown -> Rick James and MJ, stuff we'd term dance music :P
so obvious now you say it ... and I was right, didn't need to know :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be