clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Martin Fisher

Post by clubhouse »

A real downer of a day yesterday. KiriTron lifer musician, Martin Fisher, died suddenly from a suspected heart attack. An encyclopaedic mind for chords, bands, birds, trees, fish, drugs (organic chemistry in general), beer (brewer par excellence of porters and stouts: the infamous Winter Warmer and Summer Sustainer series fucked up many an innocent cricketer or footballer in the after-match festivities) and cheeses.
Bands of note: The Human Lawnmowers, The Simpletons, Huge Industrial Artsnob, Hand of Glory, Alla Zingaro, Jig O’billies, Hell’s Belles, Runt and a fuck-ton of others. Check out H’town wiki for the others.
Never really the soloist, Martin was the consummate “guitar George”, most at home driving a band along with tastefully propellant right and left hand choices. The cat has big ears and a deep, tight pocket.
Survived by a ‘73 tobacco burst, rosewood board Tele, the finest DIMCO Twin I’ve ever heard, a Maya flattop mandolin, a Gitane (Maccaferri copy) petite bouche, 50s Gibson L-50 and his infamous ⅞ size double bass.
Rest lightly, old friend. My heart aches for your quick and slicing wit…you cat’s would dig him…songs and good drink. I love you, brother. Fuck, I hate getting old.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: Martin Fisher

Post by GrantB »

Oh shit…that’s sad. I remember his presence in the 80’s well…those band names were a blast from the past.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sorry for your loss :-(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Thanks for your condolences JB…your a sweetheart.

Yeah, I’ve been feeling a bit beat up of late with KiriTron musos leaving us all…Grant may be feeling it too…

Morris Taylor: a scene stalwart for so many years and who always helped out newbies and young uns with deals and steals and advice and a cool aesthetic…

(Dr.) Dean Ballinger aka Dick Ballswinger aka Dirk Thrust: drummer for The Hollow Grinders (A/NZs finest inland surf band) and Mobile Stud Unit, nationally renown zine artist and author of the first ever thesis on the nature and construction of Conspiracy Theories back in the early 00s (how fuckin’ relevant now, eh?!). Taken far too young (40s) by MND…

and now dear, sweet, Marty Fish…

RIP y’all…dear friends and contributors to the soundtrack of many, many lives.

take care, y’all…I couldn’t stand to lose anyone else, right now.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Sweet Jesus on a stick… :( :shock:

I don’t do fook bace but I was just alerted to this…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 449&type=3

The gods of KiriTron seem to be assembling a band of local alternative cultural activists/performers…who’s next? :thumbdown:

RIP Richard. I dig your undying and simmering rage and provocations. Never a gentleman, certainly a scholar…a constant explorer of the nooks and crannies…that wriggle room space…in any argument. Give ‘em hell, dude.