Moderator: Capt. Black

Litterick
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Peter Frampton

Post by Litterick »

'I think there were three tracks on one side, and two tracks the other — “Lines On My Face” and “Do You Feel.” Because of the time constraints, that’s all we could do. Jerry Moss came to Electric Lady and sat down at the console. And we played him the whole single album, both sides. I remember he stood up and said, “Where’s the rest?” I’ll never forget that. So, that was it — it was a personal decision by Jerry Moss.'

Billboard's Oral History of ‘Frampton Comes Alive!’

'But the album’s ­unprecedented ­popularity, combined with Frampton’s ­flowing locks and pretty-boy poise, ­delivered to him a vast ­constituency of young women who had never heard, nor cared, that he was also a serious guitarist. For much of 1976, he had a foot in both worlds — a credentialed rock star on Tiger Beat‘s cover with John Travolta'

More Billboard here

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

I remember FCA was a stable in most of my parents and parent's friends vinyl collection when I was a kid in the early 80's.

Also, this is a good read.

https://www.thaliacapos.com/blogs/blog/ ... 20namesake.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Litterick »

Wayne's World 2

Wayne:Exqueese me? Have I seen this one before? "Frampton Comes Alive"? Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of "Tide".

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

I've seen him live 2 or 3 times in the last ten years, and used to watch his "Live in Detroit" on DVD. All four concerts were pretty much identical lol.