Rock Wars '06 - Nominations

An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Vorbis »

Oops, I posted my Iron maiden vote in the wrong thread. I was looking for Rock, but appear to have stumbled on 'bands that very old people enjoyed' instead.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Post by 1964 »

Capt. Black wrote:
1964 wrote: Yeah, not sure I still wanna be in his gang.
Your the leader, your the leader, the leader of the gang you am....

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome on come on, come on come on, come on come on... I said....

So what d'you reckon they'll play when he gets out of Bankok prison?

Good to be back or I Love, You Love?

Such a shame.

I just had to go and learn ATYD again. Mental chords. Fuckin fun. :D
Good to be back.

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

Vorbis wrote:Oops, I posted my Iron maiden vote in the wrong thread. I was looking for Rock, but appear to have stumbled on 'bands that very old people enjoyed' instead.
don't worry vorbis.. those are sure to vanish fairly early on.. that's the beauty of a democracy :P
Last edited by crushing day on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Post by 1964 »

Vorbis wrote:Oops, I posted my Iron maiden vote in the wrong thread. I was looking for Rock, but appear to have stumbled on 'bands that very old people enjoyed' instead.
:lol: I guess the rules of engagement weren't made clear. Ash said, "Rock", and we all know that there have been no real rock bands formed since 1979. :lol:

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by Capt. Black »

1964 wrote:
:lol: I guess the rules of engagement weren't made clear. Ash said, "Rock", and we all know that there have been no real rock bands formed since 1979. :lol:
Yeah and in those days a full stack was a minimum requirement for a pub gig so go be a real man and learn to put on make up and platforms or makeup and safety pins, sink twelve pints of beer before going on stage and still pull birds while covered in blood and vomit then come and tell us "old" guys where to find ROCK!!!

...or not. :?

Post by 1964 »

And the gang leader, the captain, and I, are all unanimous in that! :wink:

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Capt. Black wrote:
1964 wrote:
Yeah and in those days a full stack was a minimum requirement for a pub gig so go be a real man and learn to put on make up and platforms or makeup and safety pins, sink twelve pints of beer before going on stage and still pull birds while covered in blood and vomit then come and tell us "old" guys where to find ROCK!!!

...or not. :?
Hmm, I might have to sell my stack and stop throwing raw meat at the punters. :wink:

Imbalance
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Imbalance »

1964 wrote:Ash said, "Rock", and we all know that there have been no real rock bands formed since 1979. :lol:
LoL Rock, well i guess that throws Metallica out of the question. But i would still like to think of Tool as a Progressiva Rock band, although maybe not a directly influenced Rock Genre, it still takes it's roots from the most basic of rock.
Reaching out to embrace the random, reaching out to embrace what ever may come.

Post by 1964 »

crushing day wrote:that's the beauty of a democracy :P
None of that commie talk here, man! This ain't no fackin' democracy! :wink:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Well, since I've already been beaten to the punch with both Queen and ZZ Top, I'll throw Thin Lizzy into the mix.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

Surprised it wasn't taken, AC/DC

Huge influence on loads of bands that I like from The Darkness to Shihad. They've done the hard yards & all their albums have killer tracks. They're great to jam along to, hear played live, listen to in the car & always get the blood pumping. You just can't beat the strong rhythm & the fantastic lead tone. I've always preferred brian johnsons vocals over bon scott, but I still love some of the old pre johnson songs.

Zakk Wylde
Bourbon soaked 6-string demon

Post by Zakk Wylde »

I'll chuck in Ozzy Osbourne!
More HairMetal than the average Bear!

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

let's put in THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS..

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Imbalance wrote:
1964 wrote:Ash said, "Rock", and we all know that there have been no real rock bands formed since 1979. :lol:
LoL Rock, well i guess that throws Metallica out of the question. But i would still like to think of Tool as a Progressiva Rock band, although maybe not a directly influenced Rock Genre, it still takes it's roots from the most basic of rock.
Not to stir up the Metallica fan club, but have you heard load and reload and all that? They were rock the moment they turned down their gain, turned up their mids, and didn't fire Kirk (okay the last part was just a joke :lol: )

I nominate BON JOVI!! Woohoo!!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

offender wrote:Surprised it wasn't taken, AC/DC

Huge influence on loads of bands that I like from The Darkness to Shihad. They've done the hard yards & all their albums have killer tracks. They're great to jam along to, hear played live, listen to in the car & always get the blood pumping. You just can't beat the strong rhythm & the fantastic lead tone. I've always preferred brian johnsons vocals over bon scott, but I still love some of the old pre johnson songs.
There were two guys? :D :D

I prefer Bon Scott by a sliver - he was a bit cheekier, and it's always cool to see a little runt belting a HUGE voice. Just like the guy from Mr Big. :wink:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world