Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Van Halen tour

Post by Some Bozo »

Jenesis wrote: Surprise sur-fucking-prise. :roll:
Damn he really needs to get his shit together. I was reading a guitar mag recently with a long interview with him and his son Wolfgang ( who's playing bass in VH) on the eve of the tour and it was all about how stoked he was to have a chance to play music with him, and how he'd been looking forward to this since his son was born, etc etc, and now he's gone and stuffed it all up. This could have been the highlight of both their lives and Eddie's blown it all for some 'issues'. Again.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

johnny mullet
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by johnny mullet »

Maybe Vito Bratta would like to step in.

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Clarky »

stuff.co.nz wrote:Rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen is undergoing tests for an undisclosed medical problem, causing his band Van Halen to reschedule four upcoming concerts, a spokesman for the tour promoter said.

Van Halen has fought cancer and alcohol in the past but a statement released by Live Nation made no mention of his current problem.

"According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," the statement said.

A company spokesman said there was no further information on the guitarist's condition beyond the statement.

Van Halen, 53, co-founded the group that bears his name with his brother, drummer Alex, and played guitar and keyboards. Van Halen had a string of hits including Runnin' with the Devil and Panama starting in the late 1970s.

In August the group unveiled plans for a 25-city North American tour that began in September 2007 and has continued since then.

Live Nation said Van Halen's condition caused the band to reschedule concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Raleigh, North Carolina. Those shows were scheduled to take place early this month and have been put off until April.

In the 1990s, Eddie Van Halen had hip replacement surgery and was treated for oral cancer. He also has battled alcohol abuse with a stint in rehab and recently was divorced from actress Valerie Bertinelli.
Konx om Pax

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

damn beat me to it :wink: I was about to post a similar thing from MTV.....

Lets hope its not the big C back
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

johnny mullet
Squier

Post by johnny mullet »

probably more like an elaborate story to not get sued

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

well it looks like the old drink again :roll: what a f#*kwhit...on one hand you think I glad its not the big C again cause no one deserves that and on the other you think how the F hasn't the guy learnt from his past??? (and I don't buy the shit about alcoholism being a disease :evil: ) oh well it's his life not mine :wink: ...funny thing is I don't even like VH, even though it seems lie I might.........oh heres the article
VAN HALEN is rumored to have cancelled a string of comeback gigs so guitarist Eddie Van Halen could return to rehab to be treated for alcoholism, according to the World Entertainment News Network.

The band rescheduled two concerts in Virginia and Georgia at the end of last month and another this week, prompting internet reports claiming all tour dates had been pulled indefinitely.

Representatives for the rockers insist the tour is still on, despite announcing Van Halen "is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures." Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

willow13 wrote:is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures." Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.
[/i]
comprehensive medical tests = breathalyser
recommended medical procedures = keep the lid on the bottle
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

johnny mullet
Squier

Post by johnny mullet »

It really is a sad waste and abuse of an incredible gift

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

not in rehab apparently

According to Reuters, actress Valerie Bertinelli has said her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen is not in rehab, but she declined to say exactly what is ailing the rock guitarist, People.com reported on Wednesday.

"The reports about him being in rehab are wrong. Eddie is sober," Bertinelli said at a New York luncheon hosted by cable TV's Hallmark Channel, according to the Web site of celebrity magazine People.

VAN HALEN postponed its tour until April 19 in order to allow Eddie Van Halen to get some unspecified medical help. Seventeen shows are affected by the postponement, stretching from this past Tuesday night (March 11) in Charlottesville, Virginia to April 15 in Baltimore. According to tour organizers, the guitarist is "currently under doctors' care" and will "continue medical tests to define a course of treatment."

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

johnny mullet wrote:Maybe Vito Bratta would like to step in.
Or Nuno, based on past precedent :)

johnny mullet
Squier

Post by johnny mullet »

I'd pay to see that 8)

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

...actress Valerie Bertinelli has said her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen..."
And that right there is what really cemented for me how messed-up Eddie got. Screw things up with Valerie Bertinelli? Idjit. :(

On a completely unrelated note, Manowar is funny. "Blow your speakers!!" (they're on hardrockin80s right now)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Tsuken wrote:
On a completely unrelated note, Manowar is funny. "Blow your speakers!!" (they're on hardrockin80s right now)
No Manowar are cool! Ok, they are only cool in a way that they are so stupid they are cool, if you get the joke (although they don't seem to, admittedly). Fighting the World is an awesome album that anyone who grew up in the 80s and liked rock and metal should own. Only for the comedy value though...
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Oh, it was cool funny, for sure 8)

btw, having just googled, I feel I should emphasise that when I mention Valerie bertinelli, I mean:
and:

or the very recent:

rather than:

;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

I'm a blondes kinda guy, and valerie still gets me going :o 8)

that first pic tho.. um.. did eddie and valerie manage to get a 2 for the price of one hairdo? :lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass