Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Re: Van Halen tour

Post by Terexgeek »

Hmmm, he started with an instrument looking like this:

And ended with the same body looking like this:

Who needs care and attention to anything when there's the chance to get wasted... :roll:

I can help feeling that the band never quite got the respect it deserved, possibly due to a bad case of LSD heightened by such a high profile guitarist. EVH is a talented musician and it's just disappointing we don't see more of the talent, less of the tabloid reports
Tin arse!!

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I still have him in my 'most surprising lead break' top 5 for his work on 'Beat It'.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

johnny mullet
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by johnny mullet »

Eddie wasn't completely blase about tone. He spent alot of time experimenting to create his legendary "brown sound"

Tulip
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Tulip »

Terexgeek wrote:Hmmm, he started with an instrument looking like this:

Who needs care and attention to anything when there's the chance to get wasted... :roll:

I can help feeling that the band never quite got the respect it deserved, possibly due to a bad case of LSD heightened by such a high profile guitarist. EVH is a talented musician and it's just disappointing we don't see more of the talent, less of the tabloid reports
I'm just happy he didn't perform the same "magic" on Valerie's bod.
Anyone have her number? :lol:
My greatest fear is there is no such thing as PMS and this is
really my wife's personality

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Tulip wrote:
:? she spat a human out her punani didn't she? me is finking, she is fine and all vat, but definately been roo'i'ed .. ai!
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

rocklander wrote:
Tulip wrote:
:? she spat a human out her punani didn't she? me is finking, she is fine and all vat, but definately been roo'i'ed .. ai!
WizardR90701.jpg
WizardR90701.jpg (7.28 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Tulip wrote: I'm just happy he didn't perform the same "magic" on Valerie's bod.
Anyone have her number? :lol:
Ummm - yes he did. Check the last pic I posted. She's "smalled" herself again (see 2nd to last pic), but she did go a bit the same way as Eddie's guitar :| All hail Jenny Craig, I say ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Tulip
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Tulip »

:) I still want her number!

I love younger women.

Did I say that out loud? oooopps , bugger :D
My greatest fear is there is no such thing as PMS and this is
really my wife's personality

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

[quote="rocklander :? she spat a human out her punani didn't she? me is finking, she is fine and all vat, but definately been roo'i'ed .. ai![/quote]

This might just be the most profound thing Ive ever read here....or the most profane
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Terexgeek wrote:Hmmm, he started with an instrument looking like this:

I wouldn't worry too much, it's a New Zealand (and to a lesser extent, UK) thing. Van Halen is about as big as a rock band can be Stateside.

regarding Valerie: (and I can't believe I'm typing this) you should watch the Oprah interview she just did. It's posted up on http://www.vhnd.com. let's ust say it was a very 'interesting' kind of relationship from day one...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

what was that appalling TV show she was in
not as Bad as eight is enough
but a disgrace anyway.
Dick van Patten my arse

jonjets

Post by jonjets »

I hear Edward might be back in rehab,only a rumour,but they postponed/cancelled quite a few tour dates,so there you go.......................
Ed was pissed as a maggot at the unveiling of the new Fender EVH guitar line of axes(check it out on youtube).......
A bit sad to see that,really..............I read a few (audience/punters,all EVH fans,not jouralists)reviews of the early shows in the tour,and they range from great to abysmal,but I'd go see 'em anyway,might be the last chance.
I'd be right down the front.........I'd be the 50-something guy yelling out to Ed "quit drinking,you selfish f****r!" .........If he was screwing it up.........lol..........