Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: for the few jake e lee fans here

Post by willow13 »

wow time to get a bit more excited

jake on that metal show...using his NEW charvel prototype (as seen in the pic earlier in the thread)

damn another charvel I can't afford :lolno:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:damn another charvel I can't afford :lolno:
Story of my mofo'n life.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

I'm sure he won't mind me posting this ...... photo from Tonemaker currently watching red dragon cartel live (yes I am super jealous)

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

That was an awesome show...I just read this thread from the beginning and I wish I would have known some of this stuff before I went to see him... So I have been playing the album daily for a couple of weeks or more trying to pick up on some of the trickery... I wish I would have known to watch for the dive bombing and other techniques he uses instead of using a trem. He did do it at the show but it was so quick I didnt realize what he had done, wasnt looking at him when he did it. I dont know what guage strings he uses but I could tell they were really heavy looking and he hits em really hard. If the show makes it over to NZ at some point, he does his new songs, some Ozzy and also some badlands.. He has a great sound live, it was very lively, it did not sound like over loud mush that you hear with some local bands, it was very clear and loud. He was super friendly and approachable, I had left the front of the stage at the end of the show and looked back and he was talking to people and shaking hands..

The over loud mush is in reference to some of the bands I have seen recently in small clubs, so it was a small club reference as well..

Wow

http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic ... 0&start=15

GW: I didn�t know that you played keyboards.

Jake: �Yeah, that�s what I started on. I started playing keyboards when I was six and I�m classically-trained. I took classical piano two to four hours every day till I was 16. I went to the Music Conservatory when I was 12 and I was the second-youngest person ever admitted there. I was supposed to be a real promising piano player.�

GW: Did Ozzy remark about the fact that you don�t use a tremelo bar?

Jake: �Yeah, the first thing he said was, �Do you know how to play a guitar with a wang bar on it?� And I said, �Of course, anybody can play a guitar with a wang bar, but I don�t like it.� And he said, �Well, why don�t you think about using one? Because I don�t think you can play some of these songs without one.� And I said, �I can. I�ll show ya� and after rehearsal he said, �Yeah, fine, it sounds like you�ve got one, I don�t care. As long as it sounds good you don�t need to use one.�

�He was almost under the impression that a modern guitarist cannot play with out a bar because you�re limiting your vocabulary that way. I proved him wrong, I hope. I can�t think of anyone new who doesn�t play without a bar.�
Last edited by Tonemaker on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 594 times
Been liked: 460 times

Post by werdna »

Check out this 1984 footage of Jake E Lee with Ozzy, before Ozzy got on the wagon. Ozzy, face bloated from alcohol, walks back and forth across the stage, eyes not blinking, rictus grin, and his neck and waist locked in place like a toddler learning to walk. Tragic for a man who was only in his late 30s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOjvo3jaF0 Jake E Lee plays the crap out of the solo though.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

that VHS was the whole reason I play guitar.

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

So Jake must have played that classical style piano piece on the new album?
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Tonemaker wrote:So Jake must have played that classical style piano piece on the new album?
yep. Apparently he wrote it when he was 14 and has been trying to get it on an album ever since