Moderator: Capt. Black

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

This is a looooooooooong shot, but

Post by Some Bozo »

I'm trying to remember the names involved in a story I read in some random guitar mag in the library, it wouldve been in the early 90s, probably Guitar or Guitar Player mag. It was about a couple of guitarists from some contemporary jazz influenced band who got to meet one of their heroes when they were staying in the same hotel as this old blues guy. The gist of the story was something like "He called us up into his room and said, 'You New York motherf1gures think you're pretty fast don't you ?, and then he played one lick and it was like 'take that !' and we were like 'yes sir!!!'.

I can't remember the name of the band or the old guy. They were all people I hadn't heard of at the time so the names didn't stick, but the story was cool...

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Clarky »

That's a nice story dear. :)

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

" ... like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time ... "

:wink:
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

CustomAudioBoutique wrote:Image

" ... like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time ... "

"A PRS is nothing more than a plank of wood with a wanker attached !"

( apologies to any PRS owners who aren't in Creed... :D )

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

roffles!! :)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

Some Bozo wrote:

lol, i think ryan can be forgiven 1 PRS given the rest of his arsenal...

(i may not be in creed, but have been called a wanker fairly regularly none-the-less :wink: ... mostly by the GF )

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

stuu wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:

lol, i think ryan can be forgiven 1 PRS given the rest of his arsenal...

(i may not be in creed, but have been called a wanker fairly regularly none-the-less :wink: ... mostly by the GF )
Did I tell you I sold my McCarty? Bit of a bummer, probably regret it later on, but I wasn't using it, and it's gone to a good home i.e. Zorran of Newayhome etc fame, he loves it and has been playing it a whole lot.

Out of the 4 PRS's I owned though, you definitely got the peach, I rate that guitar highly.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

he uses it for new way home? same pickups?

what amp's he got?

that McCarty i got off you still melts through my fingers... though i could do with giving it some TLC and a good clean. Been thinking about some new pickups, but never really decided what angle to take with that project.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

stuu wrote:he uses it for new way home? same pickups?

what amp's he got?

that McCarty i got off you still melts through my fingers... though i could do with giving it some TLC and a good clean. Been thinking about some new pickups, but never really decided what angle to take with that project.
When he took it off me to try out, it had a BareKnuckle Crawler in the bridge, which he liked a lot. He also tried a BareKnuckle Nailbomb, which he liked slightly better. But, I think he's gone for a Suhr Doug Aldrich in the end.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

CustomAudioBoutique wrote:
stuu wrote:he uses it for new way home? same pickups?

what amp's he got?

When he took it off me to try out, it had a BareKnuckle Crawler in the bridge, which he liked a lot. He also tried a BareKnuckle Nailbomb, which he liked slightly better. But, I think he's gone for a Suhr Doug Aldrich in the end.
Sounds fuken good from upstairs in The Manor. :)

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

I've read that the Nailbomb is up there with the very best of BKP pickups, offering a killer distorted sound but actually working as a clean pickup surprisingly well as well. I'd love to hear a pair of 'em sometime.