Survey: PLEASE RE-VOTE How many effects pedals do you own?

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Survey: How many effects pedals do you own?

None
7%
1-9
29%
10-19
27%
20-29
20%
30-99 (my GAS is serious)
12%
100 or more (seeking help...)
5%

Total votes: 75

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 867 times
Been liked: 742 times

Re: Survey: PLEASE RE-VOTE How many effects pedals do you own?

Post by olegmcnoleg »

clubhouse wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 pm Here's my old effects rig that I used to rock in the early 90s. I know they're not pedals and are largely multi-effects so I haven't counted them in my official 'effects pedals' count up :) Just thought they might be of some interest, maybe... :oops:

I guess the context being that all the big hair dudes in the guitar mags of the day had refrigerator racks full of midi controlled, digital multi effects, mixer units, pre-amp heads, massive stereo power amps and speaker attenuators. Pedals were thought of as noisey, fragile and low-fi shit. I liked 'em for that...just were damned difficult to find the cool ones, so I resorted to buying the off-casts from studios and cats who were off down the rabbit-hole of rack world.

Top to Bttm. Yamaha SPX 90, Orban 111B dual spring reverb tank unit, Ibanez AD220 analogue delay.jpg

Top to Bottom. UE405 (stereo) UE400 (v2.stereo) UE400 (v1.mono).jpg

Lol, I had some of that rack stuff as well. I really liked those old Ibanez rack effects (UE400 & 405)--I had their rack mounted studio delay as well, the one with the totally outrageous and over the top 1.5 seconds of delay. WHo could ever possibly need that much delay?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3930 times

Post by Bg »

Haven't seen clubhouse for a month or two, hope he's ok.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Bg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm Haven't seen clubhouse for a month or two, hope he's ok.
I enjoy his posts on here and have noticed he dips in and out as his real life dictates, but similarly I hope it isn't anything serious.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 485 times
Been liked: 223 times

Post by IMOCD »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:11 pm
Bg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm Haven't seen clubhouse for a month or two, hope he's ok.
I enjoy his posts on here and have noticed he dips in and out as his real life dictates, but similarly I hope it isn't anything serious.
Yeah, me too. Reading his posts reminds me of Kerouac, Burroughs, Hunter S and Beatnik all rolled into one.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 850 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

robthemac wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm Have you tried the POG-2? Obviously different kettle of fish to the SY-200, but very usable and relatively affordable.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Have watched some demos on the POG-2 and it looks good, especially with the preset options. Might try one out on the weekend, and then it'll be wanted post time.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1445 times

Post by robthemac »

jimi wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:27 pm
robthemac wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm Have you tried the POG-2? Obviously different kettle of fish to the SY-200, but very usable and relatively affordable.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Have watched some demos on the POG-2 and it looks good, especially with the preset options. Might try one out on the weekend, and then it'll be wanted post time.
Yeah I've owned them twice and sold them twice. I think the Night Sky does enough of the octave generation for my purposes, but often think about grabbing a POG again.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1218 times
Been liked: 1408 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Wow, people with >100 pedals, I do hope you have tried them all on at once !
"Revolt Against the Solid State"

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1332 times
Been liked: 891 times

Post by MikeC »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 pm Wow, people with >100 pedals, I do hope you have tried them all on at once !
Better not try that tomorrow morning, you'll cause power cuts when the national grid is overloaded...
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:06 pm
sizzlingbadger wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 pm Wow, people with >100 pedals, I do hope you have tried them all on at once !
Better not try that tomorrow morning, you'll cause power cuts when the national grid is overloaded...
Doesn't someone make a 'Positive Grid' pedal? Could be just the thing.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Slowy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:18 pm
The grid is AC (alternating current), it goes pos/neg/pos/neg... 50 times a second. Maybe an AC50 would help?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 pm

The grid is AC (alternating current), it goes pos/neg/pos/neg... 50 times a second. Maybe an AC50 would help?
I bow to your vastly superior knowlege sir.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Slowy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:06 pm
Just trying to one-up your clever quip of which you have many :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:41 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:06 pm

Just trying to one-up your clever quip of which you have many :)
:oops: I'm not clever. I can't build awesome amps.

And to prove my point, second time around I get it! :rofl:

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Oh good, I'm as funny as that comedian in Baby Reindeer :roll:

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

It's not demo videos that usually make me buy pedals, or amps and guitars etc. It's usually that I hear a tone on a record I like and start chasing it. I start building the rig in my head and then hunting down what I need. These days my memory/attention span is so short that I have moved onto chasing the next tone before the pedal arrives in the mail. :P

I mostly just buy drive pedals. For boosting an amp that's already overdriving. Every different pedal boosts every different amp differently, so having lots of different pedals can really make a difference if you chase lots of different tones. :moresarc: P

That said, I bought a pedal board and fancy PSU, but don't use it or the pedals much. I mostly just play using the IR-X direct into DAW. Lots of different IRs is another thing I like to have.

I am not a lots of guitars type though. I tend to have my favourite guitar and not play the others I have. Usually its a Gibson. My Les Paul lately because I really like the Super Distortion pickup. The SG is a fun guitar though.

P.S. I am still thanking my lucky stars I managed to pick up a mint 1960a cab for just $700 on TM. It's over 30 years old, but looks almost brand new. Sounds great.