Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

You can't really make a humbucker or a single coil sound like a P-90 - it's unique. They have higher output than most single coils - there's more mid range but no mud - the top still sparkles. Closest thing I can think of is an old Broadcaster/Telecaster bridge p/up - but even then, it's not the same. If you do try one make sure it's a decent iteration - cheaper crappy P-90's sound spectacularly bad.

Best you go try some!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

*UNIQUE*, I too have never tried a p90 loaded guitar. Have you ever tried the p90 loaded PRS SE at the Ham Rockshop? Is that any good?

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

I haven't tried it but it would be worthwhile. Good looking guitar.

The solid mahogany body and set neck is right as far as the type of config that these p/ups were made famous in (Les Paul Specials from '55 to '62 I think...maybe '63).

Ash's Radian is also a good example of a perfect P-90 setup even if it is a single p/up gat. I would try that once you've played something else...you'll be impressed for sure. HAs the RAdian sold yet btw?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

I think AYP bought one of them (don't know if it was the p90 one). Ash is building me a DiMarzio H/S/H loaded Radian Tele. I'll have to try the p90 PRS SE, but I have already spent too much money lately :)

vacant
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 2 times

Post by vacant »

Would one be able to get a p90 loaded tele pickguard, such as the one pictured? I have a thinline tele and I'm not completely satisfied with the p/ups. I think p90s would make it "the shizz."
I've been trying to justify you, in the end I will just defy you.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
The solid mahogany body and set neck is right as far as the type of config that these p/ups were made famous in (Les Paul Specials from '55 to '62 I think...maybe '63).
Fender Custom Shop did a 'tele jr' in the 90s. Chambered mahogany body, 2 p90s, set mahogany neck, rosewood board. I played one at the rockshop. Easily one of the finest guitars I've ever heard. One of my short-medium term projects is to put together a guitar in that style.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

HAs the RAdian sold yet btw?
Not yet, its here for anyone to try out though.
I think AYP bought one of them
He's trying the humbucker one while I work on his main gat.

The PRS SEs are not to bad for the price, but between Realtone's real swamp ash and my real mahogany along with the better pickup options with either, you have a much better prospect of getting a keeper.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Wilson34

Tele

Post by Wilson34 »

This is my tele ;)
Attachments
my tele.JPG
my tele.JPG (84.36 KiB) Viewed 2166 times

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

Very Nice. Did you build that yourself?

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

That is indeed pretty cool - I like the stained body...but must admit to never being into mother of toilet seat fingerboard inlays. Dots do nicely ta.

What sort of h/buckers are those?

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

does look cool. is it just the bindings or is it super thin?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Wilson34

My Tele

Post by Wilson34 »

a) I Lied this is not my Tele I built this for my lovely girlfriend's birthday about 2 years ago, so technically its hers lol.
b)Lucky its multiple shades of abalone and not mother of toilet seat, I would have hated to have offended you with my six months of spare time on this guitar when all I should have done was put dots into it.
c)No stain in this guitar whatsoever, only danish oil. The wood is Purpleheart from Guyana (South America)
d)The humbuckers are nothing special just some generic brand
e)The body is not extremely thin probably about 45mm, Its also a semi hollowbody with hematite triangles for soundholes.
Attachments
my tele1.JPG
my tele1.JPG (58.87 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
my tele2.jpg
my tele2.jpg (57.87 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
my tele3.jpg
my tele3.jpg (95.35 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

looks damned good for a tele :) the fretboard is something else!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.