Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

shamus
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Vandenberg fans - Behold!!

Post by shamus »

crunchy as kellogs wrote:80's rock back for good - i can remember when i could head bang and had a hair :lol:
bluesgeek - i saw them at manchester apollo and schenker had a decent dayd - they must have kept him off the sauce.
but seriuosly folks, wasnt that the best rock ever - anyone remember keel, and scorpions and saxon - who are now making a come back
I remember seeing Saxon support Motorhead on the Bomber tour in the UK quite a few years ago - must have been about 1979 or so.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

shamus wrote:
crunchy as kellogs wrote:80's rock back for good - i can remember when i could head bang and had a hair :lol:
bluesgeek - i saw them at manchester apollo and schenker had a decent dayd - they must have kept him off the sauce.
but seriuosly folks, wasnt that the best rock ever - anyone remember keel, and scorpions and saxon - who are now making a come back
I remember seeing Saxon support Motorhead on the Bomber tour in the UK quite a few years ago - must have been about 1979 or so.
Yeah me too :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

I wonder if the necks are thicker on the new 'V' type' models. I've seen an original Vandenberg with the truss rod pushed clean through the back of the neck...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

From what I've read on the net these ones don't have a particularly thin neck profile. Once I clear it through customs in a few days I should know for sure :D
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Woohoo!! Finally got it today. It's raining cats n dogs so haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but it looks awwweesome. Neck profile is a good in-between one, very similiar to the Charvel Model 6 that I sold to DaNextSlash. Actually, in general it seems to be a super-pimped abalone clad take on a Jackson/Charvel soloist, the neck heel feel is fairly similiar if slightly improved and less blocky. Pretty light body too.

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender

Post by DaNextSlash »

OoooO sounds like a goodie... :D
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Save up, who knows? :P Either this or the Dime V will be going when I get back to Chch, methinks. Can't afford to keep both of em when my Ash guitar is finished.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

It's raining cats n dogs so haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but it looks awwweesome.
eh?you living on the streets or something? :D

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

on oldie, but a .. um.. crappie..
An aeroplane (with 4 props) took off from Japan to fly car parts to American, and very shortly the pilot radio'ed to say he was loosing power on No 3 engine, control told him to throw out some boxes to lighten the load. Half-way through the journey, the pilot radio'ed that he was loosing power on No4 engine. Control told him to throw out more parts, at that time they were flying over Ireland. One of the residents remarked " Would you look at that Michael, it's raining Datsun cogs".
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

war-wolf wrote:
It's raining cats n dogs so haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but it looks awwweesome.
eh?you living on the streets or something? :D
:lol: No, not quite. But the tiny little nameless practice amp I borrowed off a mate for the summer means that it would have made precious little difference plugged in or not during the heavy rain... :D

Have you seen the '08 BCR catalogue yet? Stealth is back finally albeit with the wrong headstock in the form of a Schuldiner tribute model, Ironbird is back as a production model too.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

yeah bro-they're making handmades in czech now -that's the calibre series.looks pretty good too.the ironbird is cheap bolt on rubbish but they are making an s.e version later in the year.apparently the stealth is going out at 899$us street price.pretty damn tempting.of course the purists are all having a moan 'cos the stealth is such a rare model......