robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Show us your amp

Post by robnobcorncob »

AudioDW wrote:yeah.. im a huge fan of Allan Holdsworth.. my Magic Stomp has all UD Stomp preset.. those Allan chorus presets sound just sick!!! sooo good.. if i only can take one effect to an island.. what's would be MagicStomp..
Cool! Can the Magic stomp do pitch-shifting like on 'Metal Fatigue' ? Always loved that sound.

AudioDW
Stagg
Stagg

Post by AudioDW »

robnobcorncob wrote:
AudioDW wrote:yeah.. im a huge fan of Allan Holdsworth.. my Magic Stomp has all UD Stomp preset.. those Allan chorus presets sound just sick!!! sooo good.. if i only can take one effect to an island.. what's would be MagicStomp..
Cool! Can the Magic stomp do pitch-shifting like on 'Metal Fatigue' ? Always loved that sound.

i never use pitch-shifting like that but i guess it should does that very good..there are alot of weird pitch-shifting effects on the presets.. Yamaha pitch-shifting sounds really good,it's like poor man's Eventide.. IMO magicstomp has best delay , reverb, and chorus effect.. i tried my mate's Eventide Time Factor and Mod Factor, MS can do everything like those two even better..

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

AudioDW wrote: i never use pitch-shifting like that but i guess it should does that very good..there are alot of weird pitch-shifting effects on the presets.. Yamaha pitch-shifting sounds really good,it's like poor man's Eventide.. IMO magicstomp has best delay, reverb, and chorus effect.. i tried my mate's Eventide Time Factor and Mod Factor, MS can do everything like those two even better..
I kind of agree actually, it's a little embarrasing :oops: but my $120 Yahama can cop a lot of the tones of my $500 Eventide . . .

But it doesn't have Tap Tempo, or MIDI, it's not stereo in, and it's got terrible bypass, so maybe the Eventide was worth it after all.

MagicStomp is cool. Very cool.

AudioDW
Stagg
Stagg

Post by AudioDW »

bbrunskill wrote:
AudioDW wrote: i never use pitch-shifting like that but i guess it should does that very good..there are alot of weird pitch-shifting effects on the presets.. Yamaha pitch-shifting sounds really good,it's like poor man's Eventide.. IMO magicstomp has best delay, reverb, and chorus effect.. i tried my mate's Eventide Time Factor and Mod Factor, MS can do everything like those two even better..
I kind of agree actually, it's a little embarrasing :oops: but my $120 Yahama can cop a lot of the tones of my $500 Eventide . . .

But it doesn't have Tap Tempo, or MIDI, it's not stereo in, and it's got terrible bypass, so maybe the Eventide was worth it after all.

MagicStomp is cool. Very cool.

yeah indeed, Magic Stomp with MIDI would be a killer pedal! i found its bypass sound OK. my MS is in GRX4 loop so i don't need worry about bypass.. i use MS as modulation box, so don't need tap tempo.. my main delay sound from Lexicon MPX 1.

lucky you got only $120.. i brought in 4 Magicstomp to New Zealand last year.. sold out in half year.. that was about $150 landed in NZ.. right now you have no way paying less than $300 to get one from ebay.. people finally recognized how good it sounds.. i hope Yamaha can make a new version with MIDI control..

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Once again Yamaha discontinue something just as it catches on. Oh well.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

I really should have let the hypes surrounding AudioDW's rig die down before posting my picture. Mine kind of just got lost back there wedged among reposts of his pics.

Oh well.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

mr_sooty wrote:I really should have let the hypes surrounding AudioDW's rig die down before posting my picture. Mine kind of just got lost back there wedged among reposts of his pics.

Oh well.
I liked yours a lot more than AudioDWs. 80s rack rigs aren't my thing, but your two amps are tastey and oh so sexual

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 675 times
Been liked: 574 times

Post by TmcB »

mr_sooty wrote:I really should have let the hypes surrounding AudioDW's rig die down before posting my picture. Mine kind of just got lost back there wedged among reposts of his pics.

Oh well.
Me too buddy, me too.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

Cool, thanks guys!

AudioDW
Stagg
Stagg

Post by AudioDW »

Oh well.

man i like your Peavey Classic 50 and Fender DR.. i used have one IMO Peavey C50 is the most versatile amp ever! great soulful clean and awesome tasty drive sound.. very under-ratted amp.. Fender DR great amp too..
its not a contest people have different tonal needs.. i play with a church worship band and another band we play alot rock/jazz/funk kind fusion style so i need a rig can sound great in every style.. it took almost 3 years to plan this rig.. talk to those great L.A rig builders, research on internet.. read reviews, play other's rigs. buying gears all over the world.. and now i got everything i need..

I don't think rack is 80's thing..most 80's rack sound are very un-natural "over processed" as developing technology give guitarist much more and better choice than in 80's
today's rack setup sounds as good as an amp head also much more flexible..

i like simple setups too a combo amp with a couple pedlas.. grab and go... maybe next year i will buy a Peavey C50 again, and comp,chorus and delay pedal.. cheap , simple and sounds great!
Last edited by AudioDW on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

AudioDW wrote: and now i got everything i need..
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

I actually think he does.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

AudioDW wrote:i play with a church worship band...
Ditto! What church? You take all that to church? Have you tried the Axe FX system?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

mr_sooty wrote:
AudioDW wrote:i play with a church worship band...
Ditto! What church? You take all that to church? Have you tried the Axe FX system?
What happened to acoustic renditions of Kumbaya? his church service must be like having Van Halen show up each sunday! :wink:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mr_sooty »

jeremyb wrote: What happened to acoustic renditions of Kumbaya? his church service must be like having Van Halen show up each sunday! :wink:
Sounds like you haven't been to church for a while! Nowaday's it's smoke machines, lighting rigs, big screens, wah pedals, and two handed tapping (sometimes).