Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 966 times

NGD: Parker Southern Nitefly

Post by Conway »

Thanks to Matt & Adam from the Rockshop, and my dearly beloved for (eventually) understanding why I NEEDED to buy an 11th guitar...

The Parker Southern Nitefly in antique gold. US made. Seymour Duncan tele pickups plus Fishman piezo in the bridge. Swamp ash body, maple neck encased in carbon fibre epoxy, carbon glass fretboard, stainless steel frets.

This thing is all kinds of awesome! The neck and fretboard are like silk and with hardened stainless steel frets it is fast and string bends are frictionless. In fact, you have to be a bit more careful with your fingering, not to bend off the note. Action is low and intonation is excellent. The neck is conical and with the carbon fibre strength it is about the same thickness all the way through to the body join.

The pickups sound great and the piezo is lovely, much better than on my Parker P38. I have run it in stereo with the piezo through my Marshall acoustic amp and it sounds amazing. The build is faultless and the body shape is really comfortable. The upper bout doesn't jab me in the ribs, sitting or standing. And it's very light, only about 2.5kg.

Last edited by Conway on Sat May 12, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: NGD: Parker Southern Nitefly

Post by mr_sooty »

Wow, crazy gat. Love the colour. Happy NGD. How much for one of these just out of interest?

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Very nice!

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

mr_sooty wrote: How much for one of these just out of interest?
Never mind, I checked the website. Dramatically reduced I see.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2107 times

Post by GrantB »

Conway...absolutely superb. I do like the look & sound of these in spite of being a conservative. Congrats.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

SammyD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SammyD »

Conway wrote:my dearly beloved for (eventually) understanding why I NEEDED to buy an 11th guitar...
Good work, I'm still working on getting a 3rd out of mine! :(
If I was of the ilk to place quotes in signatures ... this would be in mine. - NZRS-Dave

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

nice, I love flys (apart from the P38, the one I got wasn't a particularly good one anyway) not overly keen on the tele styling but I'm sure its a beaut and plays like buttah.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

Yep, that's what happens to Teles that live under powerlines next to the nuclear power plant and survive on a diet of coffee infused condensed milk.

No really Conway, it brilliant. Happy NGD :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.