k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

NPD Reverb Rules

Post by k1w1 »

Ryan worked wonders on my 1954 Valco 5 watt amp, and has kept the original tone but greatly improved the volume. I like a little reverb or delay, and my Blues Junior has reverb, I swapped out the Accutronics for a MOD tank, big difference for the good. So I wanted a cheap but useful reverb pedal to use, only play at home so don't need anything fancy.

Got the Mini Mod Reverb. Haven't had a great deal of time with it, but sounds very good so far, the level and tone controls seem to interact well, the spring goes from subtle to boing, Hall and Room I'll need some more time to dial in sounds but all settings seem useful. And totally quiet (on battery, need to find a wall wart to fit). Best of all the Valco seems to like it.

And of course Ryans great service, next day delivery :clap:

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: NPD Reverb Rules

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Awwww those are some cute wee things you have there, sir!

I'd like to hear the little mod-tone next to my BlueSky - I bet it punches way above it's weight.

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Timoes »

Ryan got me an Modtone Mini OD. Bloody great. Had a play with it last night. Fits nicely into the lighter side of the dirty area of the board. Tidy well made pedal and a good buy.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

I am comparing it to my memory of the Holy Grail I had, but the Spring is very useable, bloody good in fact, and unlike the Grail no noise. The Room is one I need to work to find a good level with this amp, but the Hall is very lush for a little pedal. Great buy so far but only tried one guitar through it. BIt of a struggle tonight, got my reso back from BG today so it needs some playing/loving.

And definitely well built, steel case, switches seem sturdy.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

Damn that's a cool looking amp, tone clips??
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by telefiend »

Looove reverb. Cool looking pedal, simple and small. And that amp is beautiful :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

k1w1 wrote:I am comparing it to my memory of the Holy Grail I had, but the Spring is very useable, bloody good in fact, and unlike the Grail no noise. The Room is one I need to work to find a good level with this amp, but the Hall is very lush for a little pedal. Great buy so far but only tried one guitar through it. BIt of a struggle tonight, got my reso back from BG today so it needs some playing/loving.

And definitely well built, steel case, switches seem sturdy.
You know if you want to get rid of that reso, I could take it off your hands for a small fee, I need one in standard and one in vestapol too :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

jeremyb wrote:Damn that's a cool looking amp, tone clips??
Just a lounge player, I don't have any recording ability. Same tube line up as a 50s Fender Champ, but Ryan reckons has its own thing going on, he can explain better than me. But the pedal for the price damn good buy, the range of sounds in all 3 settings is impressive, suits my needs.
BG wrote:You know if you want to get rid of that reso, I could take it off your hands for a small fee, I need one in standard and one in vestapol too :)
Now you have just got to grips with Spanish, you'll also need to get Vestapol under your belt :D My reso, good for a loan but out of my cold dead hands... :mrgreen: My recommendation, steel body single cone 12 frets to the body, that will definitely rattle your cage ala Son House and Rory Gallagher :thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I know, give me a week or two and it shall be mine, oh yes.... Looking at another republic.

Do some clips, lounge player indeed!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 285 times

Post by Kev77 »

Did you out to the coast and get? Is he alright that guy? The site
Looks way cool
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Kev77 wrote:Did you out to the coast and get? Is he alright that guy? The site
Looks way cool
who?