Tulip
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: MI Audio Revelation

Post by Tulip »

Some Bozo wrote:
Tulip wrote:
Some Bozo wrote: After the amp session I was drinking Leffe Blondes and the real Stella from Belgium not Auckland if that's any help :D
So where did you find that?

Seriously!
A Belgian bar would be a good place to start. This was at Leuven in Wellington...

Bugger. No Belgian bars here. :(
My greatest fear is there is no such thing as PMS and this is
really my wife's personality

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Oh well, at least its better than Ranfurly.
Just.

I'm sad about NZ beer. We used to have some really good beers, such as Taranaki Bitter in the '60s, but then they all became part of DB or Lion and they all started to taste the same and none of them as good as the smaller breweries can. I used to enjoy Heineken, then it was made in NZ and suddenly I didn't enjoy it any more.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Rog wrote:Oh well, at least its better than Ranfurly.
Just.

I'm sad about NZ beer. We used to have some really good beers, such as Taranaki Bitter in the '60s, but then they all became part of DB or Lion and they all started to taste the same and none of them as good as the smaller breweries can. I used to enjoy Heineken, then it was made in NZ and suddenly I didn't enjoy it any more.
There's still a quality brewing scene in NZ but a lot of it's small scale local stuff with minimal profile outside its area. These folk http://www.realbeer.co.nz/ keep an eye on it...
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

TMG 03 wrote:Is that serial number on the read 0003? as in three? What are the Spec on that beast?
It sure is :D As for the specs...man where do I start? :lol: A quick summary
60 Watts of 6L6GC goodness
4 totally independent channels with 3 gain modes (Low, Mid and High)
4 FX loops that can be assigned to any channel
A very cool feature is the power switching. 100%, 60% and 30% and you can also switch between Pentode and Triode.

The MI Audio page is still a bit of a work in progress (and it mentions El34's instead of 6L6's) but it has a bit of detail

http://www.miamplification.com/indepth.htm
Grind 'til your neighbours go blind

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

This thread is somewhat useless without sound samples....well, not useless but....PLEASE upload sound samples! I'm dying to hear this amp.

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

I haven't recorded anything yet but this might tide you over

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion ... pic=8606.0

DrMarv
Stagg
Stagg

Post by DrMarv »

robnobcorncob wrote:
Marshall wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:Nice score, no more mode four then ?
Well the Rev' does every thing I need and WAY more so it might be TM time for it I'd say.
Cool, is that a bluesbreaker on the floor I see there?
The only time i heard a bluesbreaker was on a marshall demonstration video on youtube but i thought it sounded amazing for a cheap distortion. can you confirm?
Guitar > Pedals > Amp

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

DrMarv wrote: The only time i heard a bluesbreaker was on a marshall demonstration video on youtube but i thought it sounded amazing for a cheap distortion. can you confirm?
It's an interesting pedal, it can sound like absolute samick through the wrong amp. Basically anything solid state is a no-go with this pedal if your a tube purist. The 'boost' mode is great for an already dirty valve preamp. I've used it with my 5150 before to good effect. However i'd never use it for straight up gain. I'm guessing It must lack an output buffer due to it's inconsistency between amps. Fine for a little overdrive though, these things just KILL in front of a fender hot rod deville/deluxe when using a strat. Good for the price though, they're pretty cheap.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

DrMarv wrote: The only time i heard a bluesbreaker was on a marshall demonstration video on youtube but i thought it sounded amazing for a cheap distortion. can you confirm?
It's a Guv'nor 2 plus. Nice for getting marshally distortion through a clean amp at your choice of volume.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

DrMarv
Stagg
Stagg

Post by DrMarv »

Some Bozo wrote:
It's a Guv'nor 2 plus. Nice for getting marshally distortion through a clean amp at your choice of volume.
Cool. When the demo guy full bored the gain and got that really compressed, thick "woman tone" thing...whatever that is... it sounded like Cream era clapton with his SG into plexi stack...and the guy was playing a strat...(!)

Cheers
Guitar > Pedals > Amp

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

Wow, great , thanks for posting that! Micheal says in his post (further down the page) that the Channel 4 high gain stuff didn't come out very well, i bet it's crushing in real life. I loved those channel 2 and 3 vintage high gain sounds - massive! What a huge variety of sounds - sounds like a real "do it all" amp that delivers top notch sounds, like a Road King without the price tag. The switchable power is hugely attractive for me too.

What is the price on these things, Ryan? And do they weigh a ton?

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

High gain mode on channel 4 is great for all out brutality! Especially with no negative feedback (which is another switch this thing comes with) and playing my Ibanez with the S.D Blackouts. The versatility of this amp was a deciding factor for me and it really delivers. Next purchase for me will be a 1 x 12" cab so I can take it everywhere I go 8)

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

Marshall wrote:High gain mode on channel 4 is great for all out brutality! Especially with no negative feedback (which is another switch this thing comes with) and playing my Ibanez with the S.D Blackouts. The versatility of this amp was a deciding factor for me and it really delivers. Next purchase for me will be a 1 x 12" cab so I can take it everywhere I go 8)
Sounds good - Mesa do one called a thiele cab or something which is supposed to be awesome.

How much did your Revelation cost?

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

Contact Ryan for pricing :wink: