hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Re: HDs? 500 please! (NHDD)

Post by hamo »

Also, what do I need for recording - just the USB cable and something like Audacity? /n00b_lazyweb
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Yep. You'll need to download the Line 6 Monkey if you haven't already and get the drivers installed.
Ummm....

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

hamo wrote:Also, what do I need for recording - just the USB cable and something like Audacity? /n00b_lazyweb
I'd recommend grabbing Reaper rather than Audacity. Use it in evaluation mode until you can afford to pay the $60 for a home license.

http://www.reaper.fm/

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

benderissimo wrote:
hamo wrote:Also, what do I need for recording - just the USB cable and something like Audacity? /n00b_lazyweb
I'd recommend grabbing Reaper rather than Audacity. Use it in evaluation mode until you can afford to pay the $60 for a home license.

reaper is cool, although I got annoyed at the editing so I just run kristal and use wavelab as the editor........I now realise i'm to old to learn new stuff :? :lol:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

I think I've got a copy of Cooledit Pro from the 90s kicking around somewhere...
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

sopachrga wrote:Yep. You'll need to download the Line 6 Monkey if you haven't already and get the drivers installed.
Hmm, new laptop since I had it for when I borrowed Ed's, so I will need to d/l it again, ta. :D
benderissimo wrote:I'd recommend grabbing Reaper rather than Audacity. Use it in evaluation mode until you can afford to pay the $60 for a home license.

Cool, I'll have a look at that too, cheers. 8)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

Was away for the weekend, but finally got some time to post up a few patches: http://www.derailled.com/upload/hd500.zip

It has my patches for:

Keith Richards
Slash (with wah)
Tom Morello (complete with whammy)
Hendrix (with wah)
Angus Young
80's Metal (Did this one for playing some poison LOL)
Floyd-gasm (Amazing, keep the expression pedal right down and back it off slowly to get crazy endless repeating frozen drones, exp1 and exp2 make different sounds)
Treadplate 800 (Dual amp setup for teh br00tz!)

I usually have the wah or whammy on the opposite expression pedal mode to the one thats on by default so you need to switch them on and off with the switch on the expression pedal :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Floyd Gasm is a lot of fun, I use it all the time!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

xCaptainx wrote:Floyd Gasm is a lot of fun, I use it all the time!
Mmm super fun for doing double handed tapping stuff with a mean drone in the background!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Cheers JB, will load em up. :D

So far I'm loving it. Haven't had a massive amount of time with it, but it's giving me the versatility that I was missing with pedals. Won't help with my noodling problem but...

Anyhow, for aaages I've been trying to nail Holy Wars tone with my amp and a succession of pedals, and just couldn't get there. One of the patches I downloaded was called Holy Wars and by jingo, I think he's got it. Through headphones it was just absolutely spot on. If I can get that close to some of the other tones I've been craving, then I'll be an even happier man. 8)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote:Cheers JB, will load em up. :D

So far I'm loving it. Haven't had a massive amount of time with it, but it's giving me the versatility that I was missing with pedals. Won't help with my noodling problem but...

Anyhow, for aaages I've been trying to nail Holy Wars tone with my amp and a succession of pedals, and just couldn't get there. One of the patches I downloaded was called Holy Wars and by jingo, I think he's got it. Through headphones it was just absolutely spot on. If I can get that close to some of the other tones I've been craving, then I'll be an even happier man. 8)
8) Thats the beauty of the machine, you have access to so many tones at any time, if today you wanna play teh br00tz you can, if tomorrow you wanna do wild psychedelic stuff its a toe click away, when you can't make you mind up what you direction you wanna head in like me its grouse.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:
hamo wrote:Cheers JB, will load em up. :D

8) Thats the beauty of the machine, you have access to so many tones at any time, if today you wanna play teh br00tz you can, if tomorrow you wanna do wild psychedelic stuff its a toe click away, when you can't make you mind up what you direction you wanna head in like me its grouse.
I think I'm going to spend a lot of time arsing about with ambient stuff, there's a ton of potential there and I've only scratched the surface.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

You will love Floyd-gasm then, so many cool ambient sounds to be had by gentle caressing of the expression pedal 8)

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

A friend of mine is thinking of selling his HD500 (no, it's not Rhett) and I'm seriously thinking of snapping it up for demo recording purposes. I haven't done any recording for ages cos I can't be arsed getting all my gear set up everytime a get some inspiration. I have a few amp emulations on the PC - GTR Solo is the main one - but it sounds terrible, dunno if it's cos of my average interface but there's definitely that digital cold-ness that sounds nothing like a real amp. Plus there's the slight latency issue, my PC only has 3GB RAM. Hoping a POD might acheive some more favourable results, although I'm a little sceptical. I tried the HD500 once at RS through some headphones and it definitely had that digital thing going on. Most of the demos I've heard of it are metal orientated. It's always the cleans I struggle with, the distortion sounds are realistic enough but I haven't heard many nice 'straight into a clean amp with just a hint of breakup' tones.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

Hi Cam!

That's my problem with them too. I play mostly clean and struggle to find good cleanish emulations.