Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Other instruments

Post by Bg »

Nord electro awesome rhodes and b3 ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Other instruments

Post by bobiron »

BG wrote:Nord electro awesome rhodes and b3 ;)
I second that.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

Post by malevolentsparkle »

BG wrote:Nord electro awesome rhodes and b3
that sampled or synthesized? and what is a b3?
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I guess it's a mixture of both, Hammond b3...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

Post by malevolentsparkle »

I just discovered that you can buy Rhodes new. How did I not know that?
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nzsimon1 »

There is a Maori guy floating around called Yogi his surname escapes me , anyway he plays accordian and not just plays he masters it in fact he was at one stage the best in the world .
Yep there is a world champs anyway he can play anything on an accordian from stairway to brothers in arms and do all the parts

sat down with him once on waiheke at the food and wine festival and he palyed for hours while we picked our jaws off the floor

found him http://latestbreakinghotnews.blogspot.c ... rdion.html

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by smallface »

nzsimon1 wrote:There is a Maori guy floating around called Yogi his surname escapes me , anyway he plays accordian and not just plays he masters it in fact he was at one stage the best in the world .
Yep there is a world champs anyway he can play anything on an accordian from stairway to brothers in arms and do all the parts

sat down with him once on waiheke at the food and wine festival and he palyed for hours while we picked our jaws off the floor

found him http://latestbreakinghotnews.blogspot.c ... rdion.html
Sadly Yogi passed away just a few weeks ago. :-(

Fantastic player & lovely guy too.
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 867 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

Filling in some gaps here on the evolution of my madness. The CME UF7 midi controller ended up with new software for the laptop - Native Instruments Vintage Organs and a Presonus 22VSL interface. A stunningly good setup as is, quite capable of taking you to breath taking panoramas of sound. In my opinion the Vintage Organs software is the best NZ$150 you could ever spend.
I've surprised myself by learning how to play this thing. Initially getting it for my kid, I'd sit back outside listening to him play. Didn't take long at all to want to be at the driving wheel myself.
We both have been on a learning curve of the workings of Hammond style organs, drawbars, waterfall keys etc... The CME has weighted diving board style keys, feels like a piano. So ya gets to wondering what a real Hammond might feel like beneath your fingertips... Then find yourself gazing in lust at the holy grail and just by coincidence it goes on special less 20% full price. So behold my personal monument to my at times greek like reckless way with GAS.

The SK2 Hammond.

2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

damn still can't see, will have to look after work haha... nice though I'm sure :) you're mad of course.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

That fantastic :D . Super - jealous.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

calling card wrote: Image
Oh, cool! I was expecting it to be this big church organ type thing (not a pipe organ though) with the bass pedals as well. That looks a lot more portable! :D
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by calling card »

The stand was my weekend project, made from packing case timber and planed with the trusty hand plane. Spent my last bit of pocket change on some jolt head nails. Colour is a bit DIY disaster with the food colouring dye & linseed oil finish, this organ has pink bits. One can of burgundy paint on the shopping list, she'll be right though as is.
Spent some time RTFM last night & fired it up, straight into it no issues. A real players instrument, lots of things to set up & tweak, I haven't got it dialed in completely to my taste yet - they say you have to do a lot of foreplay before you get laid with B3.
Still so much to figure out, getting used to two manuals, the rotor control is by two rocker switches on/off/fast/slow - coming to grips with it's idiosyncrasies. Great sounding Leslie, real electro mechanical sound of two rotors at work.
I suck at playing keyboards, only saved by rhythm and guitar players ears but what an inspiring thing to learn on... I'm also mad.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

ooh how much man? Need to get a portable Hammond one day, as much as I'd like a fullblown B3 and leslie haha
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by calling card »

The monkey on your back will press the button for you... http://www.musicplanet.co.nz/keyboards- ... organ.html

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I'm not really a dyed-in-the-wool guitarist, I think of myself as a general musicmaker who happens to be better at playing guitar that any other instrument.

I also have a 60's Pearl President drum kit, in Jazz/Be-Bop sizes (18 inch kick, 13 inch tom, 14 inch snare) Slowly upgrading my cymbals and skins to get it sounding as good as it should. Would love to get a second tom for it too one day, I'll never find one with the right finish, but I'd love to find one from the right era. I mostly play with brushes and rods, I like the subtle sound more than the crack of sticks.

A Korg keyboard (can't remember model, but it's from the Triton Series) really nice pads and Rhodes, ok piano sounds.

A Suzuki Glockenspiel, love this thing, I play it lots. Really need to get a bigger one with more notes though!
I've fallen in love with little cheap instruments - my Glock was less then $30 second hand. I also have various cheap shakers for percussion stuff, and I need to get a melodica too, only $30 or so and a sound that sometimes will be awesome to have.

It's amazing when you think about it, there are all these cheap instruments that are not hard to play, but sound cool and can add a really great vibe.

I have a 3 1/2 octave marimba, I made this with my Dad one summer - carved the notes out of Aussie hardwood with a small chisel and built the resonator from ply. It's huge, but sounds very cool.

I intend to build myself a Cajon soon for more percussion goodness.

So yeah, I'm getting a collection of instruments. I see an accordion in my future!