Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Re: Show Us Ya Home Recording Studio

Post by bender »

Capt. Black wrote:V-Window! Even Epicer! :)
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I use it for navigating my session from across the room. I just wish the iPad was bigger...

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by Capt. Black »

BG wrote:I do have an iPad though so could mix from the throne....
the Royal Wee

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

benderissimo wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:V-Window! Even Epicer! :)
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I use it for navigating my session from across the room. I just wish the iPad was bigger...
Yeah I can imagine. See that DAW Remote allows you to have two iPads running simultaneously to get double the faders on screen LOL

I'm seriously looking at getting an iPad now. I'd be inclined to have both DAW Remote AND V-Control. I think there are small but significant functional differences I like about both. And it's not like they're at all expensive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:
the Royal Wee
No, I'm not sharing...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Went to a church this morning where the sound guy was 'out in the room' mixing on an iPad. Very cool for gadget value! Practical too...

I guess these days, with digital desks and wifi, the sky is the limit with 'smart' interface controllers...

They were using this. http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en ... lstagemix/
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

It may have already been mentioned. A decent roadworthy snake is twice the price of an iPad and 1000X harder to clean.

Plus, they've yet to invent a snake that let's you write "I'm mixing like a god right now" on your Facebook status and Twitter while you're mixing like a god. And automatically publishing your exact location.

No brainer, really.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

without a shadow of a doubt :) I could do that anyway but I'm not actually mixing anything... must buy app just because its there...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Show Us Ya Home Recording Studio

Post by sopachrga »

Capt. Black wrote:It may have already been mentioned. A decent roadworthy snake is twice the price of an iPad and 1000X harder to clean.

Plus, they've yet to invent a snake that let's you write "I'm mixing like a god right now" on your Facebook status and Twitter while you're mixing like a god. And automatically publishing your exact location.

No brainer, really.
...and all that while on the toilet!
Ummm....

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Show Us Ya Home Recording Studio

Post by Capt. Black »

Imagine that. No more clenching through an entire 10 metal bands for $5 gig.
Well, clenched teeth maybe.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

I've been told of 'digital snakes', where the cables are plugged into one end, a network cable or something is plugged into same, then the other end of the cable goes straight into the digital mixer?
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7907 times
Been liked: 4257 times

Post by jeremyb »

BG wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:
the Royal Wee
No, I'm not sharing...
Yeah, its an I pad, not an Our pad!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

I was wondering why Captain B was talking about snakes - thinking you'd still need a snake - but then I realised you'd be wanting to just leave the desk near the band and run things from an ipad out in the room? Good plan...

The same place I was at yesterday also had those handy blue Axiom controllers for adjusting your own monitor feeds. They also happen to be crazy expensive. Can you imagine an app that you could set to to simply control the auxiliary sends on a digital mixer in the same way that the axioms do - and just get everyone to use their iphones. Venue doesn't have to fork out 000's for the units and people just bring their phones and can control their own mix. Nice?
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

Behringer do an Aviom knockoff system, probably fine for on stage monitoring and cheap so just have some spares...

santana08
Stagg
Stagg

Post by santana08 »

Nice studio guys! I've been wanting to set up my own studio too :D
Someday.. :thumbup:

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

KentNZ wrote:I was wondering why Captain B was talking about snakes - thinking you'd still need a snake - but then I realised you'd be wanting to just leave the desk near the band and run things from an ipad out in the room? Good plan...

The same place I was at yesterday also had those handy blue Axiom controllers for adjusting your own monitor feeds. They also happen to be crazy expensive. Can you imagine an app that you could set to to simply control the auxiliary sends on a digital mixer in the same way that the axioms do - and just get everyone to use their iphones. Venue doesn't have to fork out 000's for the units and people just bring their phones and can control their own mix. Nice?
Aviom is actually not that expensive, about the same dinero as setting up a really good monitor system. There are plenty of apps that will allow you to control your IEM mix from a smart phone - Presonus Q-mix, Yamaha Stagemix, A&H have one too.