Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 918 times

Re: Show Us Your Guitar

Post by Marshmallow »

dayl wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:15 pm Flamed neck looks amazing.

Brown sound theme ftw
MikeC wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:04 pmVery nice.
werdna wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:34 pm They are really tasteful guitars.
Thanks guys. Can't wait to bring it to nz.

Did a quick recording of my gear as well. If you have time, please check it out!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv6Fgl4B ... BiNWFlZA==

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Marshmallow wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Brown sound theme ftw

Did a quick recording of my gear as well. If you have time, please check it out!

Very tasty! That's a great pickup combo... now you make me want an HSS strat again! That wouldn't be a problem had I not sold my pickups and harness to a forumite :bummed:

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

:silent:
codedog wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:05 pm

Brown sound theme ftw

Very tasty! That's a great pickup combo... now you make me want an HSS strat again! That wouldn't be a problem had I not sold my pickups and harness to a forumite :bummed:
:wave: :lol:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

IMOCD wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:39 pm :silent:

:wave: :lol:
:lol: I couldn't remember who it was!

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 918 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Brown sound theme ftw

Haha it would be nice to have all types of combination in a strat. HSS, SSS, HH. Thinking of converting the other one to an HH

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

Sounding good too man!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

20230815_200355.jpg
20230815_200355.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5213 times
20230815_200430.jpg
20230815_200430.jpg (703.46 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
Go on, tell me you've played one of these....
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:44 pm 20230815_200355.jpg20230815_200430.jpg

Go on, tell me you've played one of these....
That looks cool. What on earth is it?

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Uptown/downtown switch…I like it for that alone but WRHBs certainly add to the interest 👍

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

clubhouse wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:54 am Uptown/downtown switch…I like it for that alone but WRHBs certainly add to the interest 👍
I did not notice the WRHB earlier, was on my phone. I need to hear this guitar.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:25 am
clubhouse wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:54 am Uptown/downtown switch…I like it for that alone but WRHBs certainly add to the interest 👍
I had it in my hands for over an hour and I never noticed the switch!
The owner has been telling me gleefully for weeks that he had a surprise and I'd never guess. He was right.

Fender Parallell Universe, Uptown Strat. (This turns up while I'm still recovering from refusing to allow myself to buy that Parallell Universe Jazz/Tele which I really liked.)

So...Polarising instrument. First thing I'd say about the Parallell Universe range is that everyone else is free to mash up Fenders, why shouldn't Fender have some fun too.

The neck feels good; not big, not small. I've always considered neck binding on an electric to be irrelevant but that's just my Telecaster aesthetic coming out. Speaking of Telecasters, the lack of a rear body carve may alienate Strat lovers but the top bevel makes it more comfortable than a Tele.

I like the black doghair finish Collings do and this is a white version. The apparent texture in the photos is there; there's no grain filler in this body and it's pleasingly tactile if you're into that sort of thing.

Controls are pure Gibson and the pots have a smooth taper. Both tone pots pull up for coil tap.

It's really rather nice and different enough to be very appealing but there is a serious problem:
Those of you not already bored to death will have seen the start of it.
WRHB - coil tap.
These are not WRHB's; they're just humbuckers in a fancy suit.
The controls work well. 20 minutes of knob twiddling produced a variety of low gain tones punctuated by the occasional, "Wait, that sounded ok."

But the truth is, these pickups aren't bad. They're utterly contemptible. Turn up the gain and the bottom end completely obscures the midrange and the only respite is the nasty rasp of the ugliest treble I think I've ever heard from an expensive guitar. Imagine your expectations from a pair of $5 Ali Express humbuckers and Fender have realised it. Well done lads!

A pair of Lollar WRHB's, Duncan Seth Lovers, HB size P90s, anything and this becomes a standout, very cool instrument but how anyone got to sign off on these abominations is beyond me.

Tl:Dr?
Don't plug it in until you've done a pickup swap.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:46 pm
olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:25 am
I had it in my hands for over an hour and I never noticed the switch!
The owner has been telling me gleefully for weeks that he had a surprise and I'd never guess. He was right.

Fender Parallell Universe, Uptown Strat. (This turns up while I'm still recovering from refusing to allow myself to buy that Parallell Universe Jazz/Tele which I really liked.)

So...Polarising instrument. First thing I'd say about the Parallell Universe range is that everyone else is free to mash up Fenders, why shouldn't Fender have some fun too.

The neck feels good; not big, not small. I've always considered neck binding on an electric to be irrelevant but that's just my Telecaster aesthetic coming out. Speaking of Telecasters, the lack of a rear body carve may alienate Strat lovers but the top bevel makes it more comfortable than a Tele.

I like the black doghair finish Collings do and this is a white version. The apparent texture in the photos is there; there's no grain filler in this body and it's pleasingly tactile if you're into that sort of thing.

Controls are pure Gibson and the pots have a smooth taper. Both tone pots pull up for coil tap.

It's really rather nice and different enough to be very appealing but there is a serious problem:
Those of you not already bored to death will have seen the start of it.
WRHB - coil tap.
These are not WRHB's; they're just humbuckers in a fancy suit.
The controls work well. 20 minutes of knob twiddling produced a variety of low gain tones punctuated by the occasional, "Wait, that sounded ok."

But the truth is, these pickups aren't bad. They're utterly contemptible. Turn up the gain and the bottom end completely obscures the midrange and the only respite is the nasty rasp of the ugliest treble I think I've ever heard from an expensive guitar. Imagine your expectations from a pair of $5 Ali Express humbuckers and Fender have realised it. Well done lads!

A pair of Lollar WRHB's, Duncan Seth Lovers, HB size P90s, anything and this becomes a standout, very cool instrument but how anyone got to sign off on these abominations is beyond me.

Tl:Dr?
Don't plug it in until you've done a pickup swap.
That's a bummer, man. Fender are making genuine CuNiFe WRHBs, even SCs...so why they didn't put 'em in this :wtf: Sounds like it might be all Browntown :problem:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

clubhouse wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:04 pm
That's a bummer, man. Fender are making genuine CuNiFe WRHBs, even SCs...so why they didn't put 'em in this :wtf: Sounds like it might be all Browntown :problem:
The owner never mentioned price. I knew they weren't cheap but pickups excluded I thought it every inch a $3000 Fender .
But I just saw this :shock:

https://reverb.com/p/fender-parallel-un ... ratocaster

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Slowy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:14 pm
clubhouse wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:04 pm
The owner never mentioned price. I knew they weren't cheap but pickups excluded I thought it every inch a $3000 Fender .
But I just saw this :shock:

https://reverb.com/p/fender-parallel-un ... ratocaster
:shock: is right! Someone's asking $5683.67 + $668.67 shipping for a 'mint' used. Hope the owner got a good deal. Man, that's such a shame that it doesn't sound as cool as it looks and plays. I kinda dig it...the idea of it, even. Could go quite nicely with an Elvis jump-suit or a Canadian tux. But I'd put it back on the hanger if it didn't sound like the WRHB look-alikes promised.

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Litterick »

I expect it will look nice when the topcoat is applied.