Landmark family portrait/s - NGD and NAD included.

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Landmark family portrait/s - NGD and NAD included.

Post by Single coil »

Hello,

New to the forum, been buggerring all over the WTB section the last couple days... I've B'd, and here are the fruits, along with the rest of my family.

White '61 reissue and standard black AC30 were new today.
No, I'm not deaf - The black AC30 is for our other guitarist who has an awful amp at the moment.

Blue AC30 was new a couple weeks ago. 71/200 worldwide, only one in NZ as far as I know.

Red strat isn't a Fender. Got it back from the guitar doctors not long ago - 6 months (collectively) to get it all put together and sorted, and well worth the wait.

White tele is genuine and is my favourite guitar - '60s classic. MIM. Got it for my 16th bday.

Big black thing the blue AC30 is sitting on is a gigantor pedalboard my grandad built for me (I am no good with my hands). Seeing as I no longer have 17 pedals, I've gone to a pedaltrain jr, which is pictured.

TS9 reissue >> Pumpkin pi (1978 op amp big muff boutique build) >> 1980 CE2 >> Tuner (mute) >> Memory toy (analogue delay) >> McPherson LSD (a ha, linear signal driver) >> Switchblade+ (a/b/a+b), one cable into each input of the AC30.
The plain aluminium twin switch box is the verb and trem on/off for the AC30.

Any questions, let's hear them.

werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 603 times

Re: Landmark family portrait/s - NGD and NAD included.

Post by Starfire »

Nice. Which model of AC30 did you get in the end? I bet the '60s Tele sounds great through either of the AC30s. I'd love to try my '60s Tele through a Vox.

How long have you had the Tele? It's not the one that was on TradeMe quite recently is it?

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

5 years this July I'll have had that beaut.
No it isn't, but I did comment on it.

The AC30C2? Greenback model.

Tele sounds fabulous through it. Currently messing about with a chorus pedal and stereo delay.
Man, it sounds HUGE.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

AC30's look mighty fine wearing denim. 8) Please to tell us more about it.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Kloppsta »

hmmmm pumpkin pi! i have one too, awesome pedals arent they?! :)
Little by little, by hook or by crook

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Nice family pic! I see a blackface Fender (a Deluxe Reverb maybe) in your future to add to the brood :D

That blue Vox is damn spesh - never seen anything like it... no wait, the colour scheme does remind me of the awesome Laney 'Lionheart' series, but never knew such a thing existed with a Vox badge on it!

Nice wee board :) I've been thinking about doing the A/B/Y box trick to turn my AC30HWH into a channel switching amp too - works a treat?

When you say the strat isn't a Fender, what do you mean? Looks like a Fender neck atleast. I have a Blackout Tele with a similar tinted maple neck.. = lushhhh

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Kloppsta wrote:hmmmm pumpkin pi! i have one too, awesome pedals arent they?! :)
Worth every damn cent.
slowfingers wrote:AC30's look mighty fine wearing denim. 8) Please to tell us more about it.
What would you like to know? It has the same guts as the standard black AC30 - Greenbacks and so forth. Not often the opportunity to buy comes up, so I jumped on it.
MogwaiBoy wrote:Nice family pic! I see a blackface Fender (a Deluxe Reverb maybe) in your future to add to the brood :D

That blue Vox is damn spesh - never seen anything like it... no wait, the colour scheme does remind me of the awesome Laney 'Lionheart' series, but never knew such a thing existed with a Vox badge on it!

Nice wee board :) I've been thinking about doing the A/B/Y box trick to turn my AC30HWH into a channel switching amp too - works a treat?

When you say the strat isn't a Fender, what do you mean? Looks like a Fender neck atleast. I have a Blackout Tele with a similar tinted maple neck.. = lushhhh

Welcome to the forum by the way :)
Twin reverb when I can afford one I think.
The blue '30 is apparently a reissue of a limited run made in 1963. If you google it, you'll find a 2x12 AC15 in blue. Looks pretty cool.
As for these modern reissues, 200 AC30s were made, 650 AC15s and 650 AC4's.

If you've got a high and low gain input on your amp, the a/b/a+b (not a/b/y, that's essentially just a/b) is borderline invaluable. Running both channels together on the AC15 (that I sold) sounded really full and just plain ballsy really. On the 30 it is fantastic.

The strat is a partscaster.
Peavey body (poplar), jack, pickup covers, knobs and string tree. These are the only original parts.
Tonerider pickups, CTS pots + switch, Allparts trem + full size block, Kluson deluxe tuners (no time for pissing round), and one of those $75 necks off uncle trademe. Worked a treat. Topped off with an allparts 1ply pickguard and a fender decal.

It is however, very convincing in both sound and appearance.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Also, sorry the photos are blurry.
I am not very good at taking artsy pictures. Nor am I any good at taking a standard picture.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Very nice. And welcome to the board. I'm glad to not be the only semi-new person starting "what should I buy threads." :D

How do you set your AC30's drive? Do you go clean and use your pedals for dirt, or do you use the pedals dirt and your amps dirt in conjunction?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

Single coil wrote:
slowfingers wrote:AC30's look mighty fine wearing denim. 8) Please to tell us more about it.
What would you like to know? It has the same guts as the standard black AC30 - Greenbacks and so forth. Not often the opportunity to buy comes up, so I jumped on it.
That's what I wanted to know. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

slowfingers wrote: That's what I wanted to know. :D
Coolp, nah yeah just the blue and off white image is limited. Same guts as the black one. Still sounds fantastic though.
Rhettsauce wrote:Very nice. And welcome to the board. I'm glad to not be the only semi-new person starting "what should I buy threads." :D

How do you set your AC30's drive? Do you go clean and use your pedals for dirt, or do you use the pedals dirt and your amps dirt in conjunction?
Apparently I was posting WTB threads before I was allowed. Mods haven't told me off so I'm ok I s'pose.

The AC30 has 4 inputs. 2 for normal channel and 2 for the top boost channel. High gain and low gain for each.
I plug one cable into the normal's low gain (for the clean the AC30s are known for) and the other cable into the high gain of the top boost for the drive sound.
Clean passages = Just the low gain normal channel
Driven passages = Both channels together
Fuzz sound = Both channels together + pumpkin pi
Solo sound = Both channels + TS9 (+ pumpkin pi, on occasion).

The drive channel by itself is very useable.

What you DON'T know is I have a boutique built orange squeeze compressor velcro'd to the back which is wired through the effects loop... Keeps everything in order without the horrid pops and surges some compressors are known for.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Your TS9 setting are about the same as mine. 8)
Nice setup man.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

Nice, I'm a big fan of some AC30 tones, just not mine through one :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

nice gear bro.
Seen some gorgeous amps so far in Melbourne, couple of beaut older Vox heads and some nice bassman combos.
When I get a job gonna have to do some serious testing as there's some ace gear to be had for sfa over here
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

druz15 wrote:nice gear bro.
Seen some gorgeous amps so far in Melbourne, couple of beaut older Vox heads and some nice bassman combos.
When I get a job gonna have to do some serious testing as there's some ace gear to be had for sfa over here
Not sure what sfa means, but jump on the old Voxes.
BG wrote:Nice, I'm a big fan of some AC30 tones, just not mine through one :D
Well that's obviously a lie. Come to our side. We have EL84s.
Scooter13 wrote:Your TS9 setting are about the same as mine. 8)
Nice setup man.
Interesting coincidence. Could have it lower, it's even'd out by the orange squeeze... Got a TS808 coming in next week so I can see what it's like.