Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Satchriossi
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Ibanez FR 7

Post by Satchriossi »

Latest project - can't decide on the finish yet though. The body is just a raw basswood body from perle guitars dressed up in parts from a myriad of other guitars.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Re: Ibanez FR 7

Post by hamo »

Looks pretty cool man.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by cholera »

What guitars did you have to butcher to do this? Looks pretty sweet.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

Thats seriously cool!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Satchriossi
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Satchriossi »

cholera wrote:What guitars did you have to butcher to do this? Looks pretty sweet.
Its an (MIJ prestige) RG2027 neck off the 'bay, Perle basswood body also off the 'bay, Ibanez lo-pro7 kit from Ibanez Rules, Ibanez Universe nut and tuners from Cottam guitars and all the wiring, pickups etc out of my Ibanez S7420.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by cholera »

Sweet, is the 2027 the 26.5" scale neck? Or is the neck the same length, but the actual scale length is different due to distance between bridge and nut? never thought of that? if you can just make a baritone by stretching out the body a bit....I guess it would mess up the fret placement tho.

Axel95
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Axel95 »

that is sexy!
WTF IS THIS?

Satchriossi
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Satchriossi »

cholera wrote:Sweet, is the 2027 the 26.5" scale neck? Or is the neck the same length, but the actual scale length is different due to distance between bridge and nut? never thought of that? if you can just make a baritone by stretching out the body a bit....I guess it would mess up the fret placement tho.
Thanks mate! This neck is just regular old 25.5", I think you're thinking of the RG1077XL which was a 27" scale baritone. The new RGD guitars are 26.5" though. Yeah I think if you have a longer scale length the gaps between the frets have to grow proportionately to keep the intonation accurate. Have you seen the new 9 string Ibanez rolled out for NAMM?

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by cholera »

I haven't seen the 9 string! best check it out. And I'm not thinking of the 1077XL, I actually used to have one of those. It was the nicest guitar, but the fret spacing higher up the neck was a bit weird. Still, wish I hadn't sold it! Hmm the one I was thinking of is that "stealth" guitar, it was the matte black thing with the slightly different lower horn.....I'll google the thing. A guy named Andy had one a while back, I thought they were 26.5 scale but I could be wrong.