Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: The Newb's Rig

Post by slash-ed »

Awesome, the Mini Rec is one of my favourite amps of recent years. Loved the one I had but sadly I sold it to buy my DT25. Would definitely love to have one again!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

Hey dude, welcome... and cool toys

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

WellyBlues wrote:Welcome.

I think you'll have trouble fitting in here though. Not because of the Epi (very nice in Natural) or the Mesa but because you're happy with your rig. Since many many posts here are about GASsing for new stuff or 'Rhetting' (a forum term for indecisive decision making :) ) about new gear a person who is happy with their rig may well get bored :lol:

Alternatively you'll read the posts and get infected with GAS. This can be expensive and hazardous to personal relationships. You have been warned :)
Fixed :rofl:

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 354 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Eruera wrote:

I think you'll have trouble fitting in here though. Not because of the Epi (very nice in Natural) or the Mesa but because you're happy with your rig. Since many many posts here are about GASsing for new stuff or 'Rhetting' (a forum term for indecisive decision making :) ) about new gear a person who is happy with their rig may well get bored :lol:

Alternatively you'll read the posts and get infected with GAS. This can be expensive and hazardous to personal relationships. You have been warned :)
Fixed? Maybe...I thought 'Rhetting' was post purchase Rhettgret....like you sooty about the purchase, do the purchase, and then start Rhetting with Buyers Rhettgret (Remorse). I don't know, hard to keep up sometimes :lol:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Did you miss the lead up to buying the JCM and the Handwired Vox saga? :lol:

I'm just new so that'll colour my perspective a bit :-)

Un-hijacking now ;-)

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

The Newb's Rig

Post by Pastasauce »

WellyBlues wrote:
Eruera wrote:

Fixed? Maybe...I thought 'Rhetting' was post purchase Rhettgret....like you sooty about the purchase, do the purchase, and then start Rhetting with Buyers Rhettgret (Remorse). I don't know, hard to keep up sometimes :lol:
I'd still call the JCM thing sootying. My "thing" does admittedly involve a big of sootying but its more about constantly fretting and researching and starting "what to buy" treads and and buying and selling at a rapid pace all in the search for magical toan.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

The Newb's Rig

Post by Pastasauce »

Rhettsauce wrote:
WellyBlues wrote:
Eruera wrote: Fixed :rofl:
I'd still call the JCM thing sootying. My "thing" does admittedly involve a bit of sootying but its more about constantly fretting and researching and starting "what to buy" treads and and buying and selling at a rapid pace all in the search for magical toan.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

The Newb's Rig

Post by Pastasauce »

Oh, and welcome! Great gear.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Cool rig! I run a Mini Rec into a 2x12 Mesa cab and a Thinline Tele with one band, these amps sound great with a hollowbody.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."