NOGANAD

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NOGANAD

Post by Ironbird13 »

just got my old BC Rich Mockingbird back, thinking about stripping the paint of it, black stain it, and remove the chrome from the brass plate. going to put in the pickups that came in the Eagle as I want something thats not a full on metal machine :mental: :lol:

and also scored and old Jansen Little Brute amp, am thinking of turning it into just a cab for the Vox, if the speaker sounds okay
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: NOGANAD

Post by Vince »

Ironbird13 wrote:I want something thats not a full on metal machine :mental: :lol:
Someone's going soft in his old age... ;)
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

Nice! Get it set up for slide and chicken pickin? :P

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by shinenz »

Conan the barbarian Guitar
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Vince wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:I want something thats not a full on metal machine :mental: :lol:
Someone's going soft in his old age... ;)
nah, I still got 3 other metal machines :winky: its just I want to experiment with non ultra gain pickups into the Vox
Cdog wrote:Nice! Get it set up for slide and chicken pickin? :P
nah, not quiet :lol: though I do do a little hybrid picking every now an then
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Cdog wrote:Nice! Get it set up for slide and chicken pickin? :P
:lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

gutted, the "chrome plated brass plate" aint fuckin brass, its steel :shock: :wtf: :mad:
bastards

on the plus side the Agathis wood underneath has some nice grain to it. hopefully a black stain will make it pop (how does agathis take to staining? good or is it like maple and a bit hit an miss? )

am thinking of putting on the gold hardtail bridge and getting a brass "tele style control plate" (cant believe I said tele..... :oops: ) instead of the chrome plate? thoughts anyone?

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

hmmm, interesting, have noticed the body has a veneer top and bottom :oh: has a nice grain on it, a very white wood, so am thinking a black stain to pop the grain then a black burst.
brass hardtail and tele style control plate (needs a plate on the front as the control cavity goes all the way through the body :shock: )

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

So the plate is chromed steel? or nickel plated?
I think you could get it brass or copper plated.
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

yeah its chromed steel
Edward wrote:I think you could get it brass or copper plated.
yeah, but that costs money :winky:

im pretty sure im gonna go brass hardtail and control plate so im not covering too much wood,

not sure if I should leave the veneer or sand it off to the agathis underneath, has a few nice bits of grain around the edges, but not sure if the top grain would look as good.... :think:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

pretty sure the agathis will be pretty plain looking on top....why don't you burn the chrome plating??? might get a cool effect
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

willow13 wrote:pretty sure the agathis will be pretty plain looking on top....why don't you burn the chrome plating??? might get a cool effect
yeah, I may leave the veneer and black burst it.

and yeah, cool idea might give it a go cheers :thumbup: :clap: