Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

NPD - HBE Germania

Post by jeremyb »

Theres a lot of history in my GAS for this pedal, I borrowed CDog's one after I got my AC15 and it just made everything sound better with it on, I tried to pry it from his hands and he wouldn't be swayed so I've been desperately waiting for Prymaxe to get them back in stock for 6+ months now. Was checking their site after new years and WOOT they had some, so I "PULLED THE TRIGGER" and it arrived today.

Had a bit of a play with all my guitars thru it tonight after tea and I'm super stoked, it seems like it has more gain than I remember, but MAN, it sounds great, exactly what I was after, does the traditional treble booster sounds, but in the hifi mode its a really nice transparent overdrive that can seriously push the front end (oooerrrr!).

I dare say its sparkley purple sexiness shall be a keeper, its going to take pride of place as the first pedal on my board :)

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Re: NPD - HBE Germania

Post by Cdog »

Wooo! :)

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

What's the other switch for?

otisredding
Fender
Been liked: 2 times

Post by otisredding »

jeremyb wrote:Theres a lot of history in my GAS for this pedal, I borrowed CDog's one after I got my AC15 and it just made everything sound better with it on, I tried to pry it from his hands and he wouldn't be swayed so I've been desperately waiting for Prymaxe to get them back in stock for 6+ months now. Was checking their site after new years and WOOT they had some, so I "PULLED THE TRIGGER" and it arrived today.

Had a bit of a play with all my guitars thru it tonight after tea and I'm super stoked, it seems like it has more gain than I remember, but MAN, it sounds great, exactly what I was after, does the traditional treble booster sounds, but in the hifi mode its a really nice transparent overdrive that can seriously push the front end (oooerrrr!).

I dare say its sparkley purple sexiness shall be a keeper, its going to take pride of place as the first pedal on my board :)

You can usually buy direct from HBE if you need anything in future.

Just email them. :) pedals@homebrewelectronics.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Eruera wrote:What's the other switch for?
Its a 3 position EQ :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

otisredding wrote: You can usually buy direct from HBE if you need anything in future.

Just email them. :) pedals@homebrewelectronics.com
Nice, good to know! Prymaxe do great discounts tho :)

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Nice one, JB! Way to point out the obvious but it looks like it's +positive+ centre power required so becareful with your Fuel Tank Jnr. Might need one of these: http://ampshop.co.nz/products/t-rex-ora ... rter-cable

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

remember Cdogs sounding AMAZING at the Gearfest I went to.
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Nice one, JB! Way to point out the obvious but it looks like it's +positive+ centre power required so becareful with your Fuel Tank Jnr. Might need one of these: http://ampshop.co.nz/products/t-rex-ora ... rter-cable
Yarrrr, checked that thankfully!! Running on battery til I can get one of those from Ryan :mental:

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Eruera »

Could yer not just swap the wires on the DC socket, or is it PCB mount?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Eruera wrote:Could yer not just swap the wires on the DC socket, or is it PCB mount?
You could, but its positive ground so I don't know how it would affect things!

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »

You'll need a dedicated -9V supply for this (aka 'positive ground') Wont play nicely with normal pedals in a daisy chain

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Cdog wrote:You'll need a dedicated -9V supply for this (aka 'positive ground') Wont play nicely with normal pedals in a daisy chain
I'm all good, I have enough isolated outputs to cover it :)

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Eruera »

jeremyb wrote:
Eruera wrote:Could yer not just swap the wires on the DC socket, or is it PCB mount?
You could, but its positive ground so I don't know how it would affect things!
It's not different than one of them cables, I'm pretty sure they don't have a voltage inverter in them, they just cross over the +ve and -ve between the two plugs.

So long as you remember to keep it on its own supply (or shared with other +ve earth) then it'd be fine.