Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Charity Auction - Hand made Cajon

Post by Bg »

Ok peeps, I've gone through a recent journey into cajon's, hand built box drums. At first I thought it would be a cool thing for stompbox drumming. Now I'm getting into the whole percussion thing, I have a big groove too.

So, I'm about to make my latest, mk3 version, this will be the bollocks! I've learned from two prior versions and this will have bass, tom and snare, oh yes.

It will be pine with dovetailed corners, because I can and because they are the strongest corner joint. The back will be rebated and the 'tapa' or striking surface will be 4mm oak ply, with no voids.

Mk 2 was all the above but with no dovetailing, it sounds bloody good. mk3 will be better.

But wait, thats not all!

It will come with voodoo design's painted on it, by my super talented wife who is a recognized nz artist and author!
and a set of shingzo knives. not.

I'll bang this on the tardme at a buck reserve, it'll be good wood, my ply will be under your hands. Pics to follow- I played a few today and I reckon mine beat them into the ground :) pun intended.

So coming soon!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Re: Charity Auction - Hand made Cajon

Post by bender »

What's the charity?

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

BG's fridge, inc.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

benderissimo wrote:What's the charity?
Ah forgot that lol, oxfam. Once again I foolishly agreed to walk 100km for them in May... 5weeks to go.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

BG wrote:Pics to follow

Serial tho, I heard a guy play one of these last week at the Trusts Stadium, crowd was 3500+. He jumped off his kit for one song and used a cajon (mic'd off course) + a tambourine, for one song, and it sounded great
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about