Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: NFPD!

Post by Starfire »

Neck pickup has been getting plenty of use. Sounds excellent. The clarity is superb and reminds me a lot of the neck P90 in the Tokai Goldtop I had. BTW, I now own more guitars with neck pickups than without! :P

The Bigsby action is good, I think. It could possibly use a stiffer spring if that's possible, just for a little extra resistance. Obviously there are limitations in that the bridge I'm using is not really intended for a Bigsby and both bridge and nut are far from frictionless. It's never going to work as well as a Strat or Jag/Jazz trem, but then those are guitars that are - more or less - designed for tremolos or at least have a tremolo designed around them. A Bigsby is an add-on on most guitars and, as such, is always going to be somewhat limited. Plus, a Bigsby - and my playing style for that matter - is really only given to subtle vibrato anyway. It works well enough for me. Let my flatmate - whose style is of more of a bash-the-strings variety - play the guitar, and he was really ragging on the Bigsby and the thing almost immediately went out of tune. Getting the most out of it is about understanding what it can and can't do I think.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7748 times
Been liked: 4189 times

Re: NFPD!

Post by jeremyb »

Mmmmm it's not a floyd, one must caress the bigsby :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.