Gear you regret letting go of

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Gear you regret letting go of

Post by Mini Forklift »

It pains me to think at the stuff I have owned over the years and let it go...

Carslbro Stingray 100w head ~ it was old and looked like shit but an absolute beast
Marshall 4x12 cab from the 70's ~ apparently had very sought after speakers that I can't recall, but I was 18 when I sold it to buy my first car. Bugger!
Ibanez EX370FM ~ My first guitar that I bought and I wish I still had it. It had Dimarzio's, was in a beautiful blue with gold hardware
Gibson USA Flying V ~ stunner in white
Fender USA Tele ~ don't think model this was anything special but it's the only Tele I have ever owned

I'm sure there's more but those are the main one's that come to mind :wtf:
Last edited by Mini Forklift on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 657 times

Re: Gear you regret letting go off

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Oh dear. This is going be full of ouch. The main thing I miss is a G&L ASAT special. That was an amazing guitar. Semi regret selling my Sovtek MIG50 too.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

I dont *really* regret selling anything, but if I could have them back... Top of the list for me would be my G&L Legacy, and my JS1000TB. Sold them both to pay for rent and my Ash, which is more betterer.

Theres a few other things I wouldnt mind seeing again, but ultimately I'm very happy with how things are.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

One amp and one guitar.

Mesa boogie triple rec
Ibanez jem77fp
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I'm really happy with what I have. But if I could have anything back it would be my ESP Horizon FR, that was epic. I actually emailed the guy I sold it to and asked for first refusal if he ever came to sell it. Semi regret letting the Kemper go, but only cos I'm greedy.
Loving it so far

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2490 times
Been liked: 2802 times

Post by Molly »

Funny you should ask. I'd had a few questions on my PRS SC this morning. Answered them then drifted off to the office and happened to pick it up for a quick noodle. Thought: "This is way too good to let go of". Went back to my computer and pulled the listing.

So, hopefully that's another regret avoided.
Last edited by Molly on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: Marshall 4x12 cab from the 70's ~ apparently had very sought after speakers that I can't recall, but I was 18 when I sold it to buy my first car. Bugger!
Oooh, ouch. Pre-rola greenbacks maybe? Would have to have been very early 70s, think they stopped about '71.

I used to have a 70s silverface Fender Twin Reverb that I'd love to have back. I was young and dumb and thought it didn't have enough distortion at the time... :? Really want to get another one and blackface it.

I sold a hand painted fuzz factory a couple of years back. Never got my head around it... now I'm fuzz obsessed and I'd love to have another go.

Hey ho, plenty more guitar shaped fish in the sea!

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 828 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

ONLY item I ever regret selling: 1977 Holden kinswood HZ wagon in beige/tan with vinyl bench seat, 3 on the tree and wind down boot window perfect for 9ft Mals sticking out the back and portable BBQs on the fold down boot tray.
Used to over heat on the raglan hill and regularly made me late and greasy for handover at Waikato Hospital but ill never own a cooler car.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Just one guitar

this

washburn xp50 pro fe

I dragged this over from the uk and swapped it in a deal for a MickThomson ibanez(which was a good trade for me financially)

but i have never found anything that does metal as good as the washburn and i hope it comes back onto trade me as i will have it back in a flash
Attachments
washburn-x50-pro-fe.jpg
:mental:

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

I miss my Greenstone Bellverb 5. Would love to get that back.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

I miss my JTM45 but that doesn't alter the fact I have nowhere I can use it.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

I had a beautiful old Charvel USA San Dimas with birdseye maple neck and oiled mahogany body. A fairly rare model too. Pretty much the exact thing that I'm into now but I was young and metal and dumb. Never seen it up for sale again, and the only other time I've seen one from the same series it was about $$2.8k to bring into NZ :S

Other than that I'm generally very happy with where my rig is now. It covers pretty much any tonal base that I might need.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Post by Starfire »

The Tokai. But I rectified that. :D

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

My Randall RM50 :lol:

It sounds strange but I spent about 2 years and 10 large chasing the tone I had "past participle of get" out of a 1500 amp!

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

I don't regret selling my original block letter 5150, because I didn't. I do regret giving it my mate to hold onto while I did some travelling, because he 'lost it' (gave me some crap excuse, but I know he sold it). He ended up buying me a 5150II to make up for it, but I didn't like it that much.

Main reason I regret it going was I bought it with inheritance money from my Grandad, who left me a nice sum of cash with strict instructions to blow it on something I'd always wanted. And these days, an original block letter, breathed on by Ryan, into a Mesa cab, would suit me quite nicely.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.