Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Re: Gear you regret letting go off

Post by Molly »

Zaulkin wrote:
TmcB wrote:I seem to always be justifying to myself why I own them. I also seem afraid of the slightest redundancy in my rig.
This pretty much describes my relationship with gear over the last 5 years, but I seem to have found my happy place now.
This. Think I'm getting there. 'One day at a time...'
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:Funny you should ask. I'd had a few questions on my PRS SC this morning. Answered them then drifted off to the office and happened to pick it up for a quick noodle. Thought: "This is way too good to let go of". Went back to my computer and pulled the listing.

So, hopefully that's another regret avoided.
But now changed your mind again...
Yep. You know me. I sit there looking at them and thinking how the overlaps can be eliminated. It's a hard one to part with as it's a lot of guitar for the money but that money could be otherwise spent.

How you liking having your Gold Top back?

Les_Paul86
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Gear you regret letting go of

Post by Les_Paul86 »

I'm struggling with this too. I've got my MIJ strat listed and am thinking if letting the red Kramer go (see family portrait).
But... I'm really happy with this groups of guitars... Really happy. No guitar Gas currently and the Mrs said I should keep them all.
But... Christmas is just around the corner, my Dads coming over in Jan, weddings to pay for flights to pay for. I don't need the money but it would be handy you know?
The best things in life are actually really expensive!

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Molly wrote:How you liking having your Gold Top back?
I've sold it. :)
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I think my problem is that I become too attached to things, amps and guitars naturally but even some of the pedals I own right now would even be hard to part with.

The irony in that is that whichever guitar I'm using through whatever I plug into I sound pretty much the same lol.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

RobRoyMcCoy wrote:
Slowy wrote:No Mate. It came to visit at Slowy's house for a couple of weeks, remember?
Ha ha no I can't! I didn't leave it there did I? heh he eh he
Sadly no. I have grown up enough to appreciate it now. :D I think it was just after that valve swapping show we did with the THD. It's a worrying number of years ago. You were telling me about the amp you were about to build... and the rest as they say, is history.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:
bender wrote:That being said, I genuinely do miss my Greenstone amp and Radian Tele, but at least I know where the latter one is now.
I know where the Greenstone is, but I don't think the guy I sold it to will let it go.
Not a snowball's chance in hell. I try from time to time.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote:
Conway wrote:
bender wrote:That being said, I genuinely do miss my Greenstone amp and Radian Tele, but at least I know where the latter one is now.
I know where the Greenstone is, but I don't think the guy I sold it to will let it go.
Shithouse. :(

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Conway wrote: I know where the Greenstone is, but I don't think the guy I sold it to will let it go.
Shithouse. :(
For what it's worth, it's loved and played daily by someone capable enough to appreciate what he has.
I guess that counts for something

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
RobRoyMcCoy wrote:
Slowy wrote:No Mate. It came to visit at Slowy's house for a couple of weeks, remember?
Ha ha no I can't! I didn't leave it there did I? heh he eh he
Sadly no. I have grown up enough to appreciate it now. :D I think it was just after that valve swapping show we did with the THD. It's a worrying number of years ago. You were telling me about the amp you were about to build... and the rest as they say, is history.
haha, were you Olga the lovely assistant? :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote: For what it's worth, it's loved and played daily by someone capable enough to appreciate what he has.
It's not bloody Marcus is it?

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

What does console me is that it was one step in a trail that led to my old Gretsch.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
Slowy wrote: For what it's worth, it's loved and played daily by someone capable enough to appreciate what he has.
It's not bloody Marcus is it?
Ha! No, Marcus has become a fiddle player.... :wtf: He tears into it the same way he does the SG. It's all very tasty!
The Greenstone is with an old workmate of mine whom I introduced to Conway when he was looking for a new amp. He does lovely things with a 62RI Strat straight into the amp. Also somewhat tasty. But he loves the Greenstone; says he never knew an amp could be that good. So it's probably gone for good. :(

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

I'll console myself by weeping into the figurative bosom of my Gretsch then.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

I wish I could play well enough to warrant a greenstone, the bellbird I heard at a gearfest once was just spectacular, the guy playing was amazing as well....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Buzzard
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buzzard »

1970 Fender C40 and of course the irreplaceable 1965 Guild Starfire. Amps...Fender Twin 130 and a Jansen 35. I have a blank where the Jansen went, which is a worry :oops: