Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Re: Strymon Riverside

Post by TmcB »

I'm interested from technical standpoint - I'd like to know how the JFET into DSP sounds.

I guess they're kind running out of areas to run into - I think drive is one of the last things I expected from them. I would have more expected them to head further towards synthesiser kinds on things
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Fun fact.

You can run the boost Jack to another Strymon pedal that has a Fav switch, and pressing the button activates the other too
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

They're a capable company; I wanted to see something unique, better than anything else, or completely out of left field.

I want them to do a great looper, or maybe an octave pedal with their analog/digital blend, which has all the awesome analog sounds with the benefits of avoiding the negatives that come with analog octaves (glitching open string notes and not being able to handle chords). Polyphonic octaves just don't sound right, and analogs are too limiting.

Pedal makers need to go outside the square and stop rehashing 40yr old ideas, circuits and designs.
Make Music Great Again

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

They'll stop doing it when we stop using 40 year old instrument and amp circuits and designs
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

Clanger wrote:They're a capable company; I wanted to see something unique, better than anything else, or completely out of left field.

I want them to do a great looper, or maybe an octave pedal with their analog/digital blend, which has all the awesome analog sounds with the benefits of avoiding the negatives that come with analog octaves (glitching open string notes and not being able to handle chords). Polyphonic octaves just don't sound right, and analogs are too limiting.

Pedal makers need to go outside the square and stop rehashing 40yr old ideas, circuits and designs.
I agree on the octave thing, I think that or synth type stuff is a good step forward.
I do know that a local company is looking very closely at making an Analog Octave pedal but that tracks like a Polyphonic one, could be a year or more off release though.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:The Dude will do everything I can hear that doing and a load more. Feckin' love that pedal. Just wish the Deep and Ratio controls could be connected to swivel pedals.
Dibs if you ever sell it lol. Only thing I found was that it was too loud, plus black knobs on a black pedal isn't very common sensical if you are using it live (unless it's a 'set and forget' pedal).

That Strymon looks good, but don't know whether it's worth that amount of $$. Plus the very basis of a demo is that it will sound good :lol:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:The Dude will do everything I can hear that doing and a load more. Feckin' love that pedal. Just wish the Deep and Ratio controls could be connected to swivel pedals.
Dibs if you ever sell it lol. Only thing I found was that it was too loud, plus black knobs on a black pedal isn't very common sensical if you are using it live (unless it's a 'set and forget' pedal).

That Strymon looks good, but don't know whether it's worth that amount of $$. Plus the very basis of a demo is that it will sound good :lol:
The next generation of that pedal might have extendable options whereby it can be linked to a swivel pedal. That'd be useful. It ca be a bit boomy too but I've learned to take the Deep control down to limit that.

I guess no pedal's perfect and the need changes from guitar to guitar and amp to amp (not to mention player to player). Gotta catch 'em all... :-(

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

A looper would be good, modelling different formats with thier inherent flaws and quirks.
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius