MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: NP(board)D

Post by MattAnt »

StratMatt wrote:Si built himself a board similar to this and it turned out pretty well. It's all well and good to make the board, but the other half of the equation is having a nice, light hard case to protect it. That holds just as much appeal to me anyway. How boring is that? :)
Nah I'm with you on that. A well designed lift off case? Light, durable, compensated foam for the angle of the board etc etc. Makes me happy.
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MattAnt »

Reg18 wrote:Be keen to see a pic of the completed board once it's done, although with everything you post going under the micropscope these days, do so at your own discretion!
Will definitely post a finished board pic!
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Looking forward to seeing your 12 metal zones!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Bg wrote:for a starter though, this has dovetails :) unless you have a dovetail jig, you'll need to cut them by hand = pain in the arse and labour intensive. So yeah, this is a wee cracker! Especially as dovetails = mojo tonez!

though I have a dovetail jig, I don't have enough pedals to warrant an actual pedalboard, else I'd just make one ;)
There's a nice side line opportunity there BG, knock some out and sell them here. I like the look of that. But call them 'on the fence' or similar, so you don't alienate half your market.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Good looking board that.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Bg wrote:for a starter though, this has dovetails :) unless you have a dovetail jig, you'll need to cut them by hand = pain in the arse and labour intensive. So yeah, this is a wee cracker! Especially as dovetails = mojo tonez!

though I have a dovetail jig, I don't have enough pedals to warrant an actual pedalboard, else I'd just make one ;)
There's a nice side line opportunity there BG, knock some out and sell them here. I like the look of that. But call them 'on the fence' or similar, so you don't alienate half your market.
He needs the jebus juice tho' to really make a killing, they're a couple of hours work and $30 worth of parts, not going to make a living off them here!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Sigh. They're nowhere near a couple of hours work unless you want a pretty basic hack job. Ask Si what he spent time-wise on his.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yep, if all made by hand there's some work involved. I might make one over Xmas just because.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Bg wrote:Yep, if all made by hand there's some work involved. I might make one over Xmas just because.
Don't forget to dovetail it, cause you have the means!

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Very nice looking board. Makes me wonder if Creations would state this being an intelligent design, or if this was simply a reiteration of a pedal-board that has evolved over generations.

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MattAnt »

jeremyb wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

He needs the jebus juice tho' to really make a killing, they're a couple of hours work and $30 worth of parts, not going to make a living off them here!
If you could make this in a few hours you could probably make a living building em... think you are underestimating this build.

There are plenty of threads out there following people making their own boards. The quick ones look awful, they good ones take time.
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Definitely only two hours work.

(If dad still owned a furniture factory and I had access to a dovetailer, cnc overhead router/borer etc...)

But he doesn't so the unassembled kit set quite appeals...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

null_pointer wrote:Sigh. They're nowhere near a couple of hours work unless you want a pretty basic hack job. Ask Si what he spent time-wise on his.
CNC these days is a really affordable way for cutting the parts, and the plywood part the pedals sit on could be laser cut too for even more speed, you'd get a ton of them out of one sheet of ply... 10 minutes to screw the top on with those L brackets... I would have liked to have seen a better design than that for the money...

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

jeremyb wrote:
null_pointer wrote:Sigh. They're nowhere near a couple of hours work unless you want a pretty basic hack job. Ask Si what he spent time-wise on his.
CNC these days is a really affordable way for cutting the parts, and the plywood part the pedals sit on could be laser cut too for even more speed, you'd get a ton of them out of one sheet of ply... 10 minutes to screw the top on with those L brackets... I would have liked to have seen a better design than that for the money...
You're right on the CNC front for sure, I was referring to the home made version in a couple of hours. Commercial is a whole other thing, but still for the many thousands CNC costs capital-wise, you're either a huge mass producer or you have a lot of plant outlay to recover.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

null_pointer wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
You're right on the CNC front for sure, I was referring to the home made version in a couple of hours. Commercial is a whole other thing, but still for the many thousands CNC costs capital-wise, you're either a huge mass producer or you have a lot of plant outlay to recover.
Does everyone else not have a CNC at home????