Mr Davison
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

NAF

Post by Mr Davison »

New amps fortnight

Excellent condition Mesa Boogie mark iv b compact combo (200w evm speaker) with perfectly fitted roadcase
rsz_20170227_182943.jpg
Very versatile with a lot of quality tones. Capable of very aggressive articulate settings with the brilliant switchable eq. Amp is extremely sensitive to the slightest of adjustment & dialing in an epic tone can be time consuming but very rewarding.

Next up is an amp that has whored itself around the forum/trademe but always at a financially incorrect time for me. This is actually a surprise present from my Mrs, very surprising.
rsz_20170228_181146.jpg
rsz_20170227_181118.jpg
Had planned to bid on the auction only to find it had been removed, I was gutted. Couple of days later Mrs asks me for a lift with something & there it is on the front seat of her car! sneaky little auction bypassing minx!
This amp is spectacular, it's perfect for me. Brutal crushing tones for days. This amp has found its forever home & I could not be happier with it. Looks all good on the Orange cab & sounds even better.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: NAF

Post by AiRdAd »

I used to have that splawn - super cool amp - got the matching cab for it at home.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Cool! Love the "half power" switch...meaning that it will only kill smaller adults and children, as opposed to everyone standing near.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

As a fellow Splawnite, I approve (and am somewhat slightly jealous) of this purchase.

Half-power is still capable of crippling most ear drums and anything not bolted down.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I played a splawn at the comedy club nzguitars gig for my guest spot with the mysterons.
Couldn't hear it for the crippling superbass next to it. Scary but true!

Awesome amps though :) just not as loud as a dimed superbass.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Bg wrote:I played a splawn at the comedy club nzguitars gig for my guest spot with the mysterons.
Couldn't hear it for the crippling superbass next to it. Scary but true!

Awesome amps though :) just not as loud as a dimed superbass.
Dimed? Myth! I've never run the volume above 2...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yep, dimed.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Great amp and nice story. Very cool of your Mrs. You've one hell of an amp room. :thumbup:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Very very cool! I approve of both. Former owner of that Splawn amp too :) I'm a Mesa man however.
Loving it so far

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

The Scarecrow wrote:As a fellow Splawnite, I approve (and am somewhat slightly jealous) of this purchase.

Half-power is still capable of crippling most ear drums and anything not bolted down.
Have owned a Splawn Competition(50w) for a couple of years & have been really keen to find a higher wattaged kt88 powered variant. The Competition has more of a vintage voicing in comparison.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

AiRdAd wrote:I used to have that splawn - super cool amp - got the matching cab for it at home.
Super cool amp indeed! Out of interest what speakers are loaded in the cab?
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mr Davison wrote:
The Scarecrow wrote:As a fellow Splawnite, I approve (and am somewhat slightly jealous) of this purchase.

Have owned a Splawn Competition(50w) for a couple of years & have been really keen to find a higher wattaged kt88 powered variant. The Competition has more of a vintage voicing in comparison.
Yeah, the Competition is shite, eh? I'll buy it back off you.... ;-)

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

Yeah nice try! However the Competition remains an integral part of my signature tone ensuring the Splawn tone is heard thru all venues we play. 50watters for the really tiny venues & 100+watters for the really small venues :thumbup:
Sonic mayhem unleashed

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Mr Davison wrote:

I should have been more clear. It's the one the previous owner paired with it. It's a Marshall quad, with the old school look. He had it recovered with the matching grill cloth. I have put different speakers into it. It's a lovely looking cabinet. Sounds great too.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

What an epic present, congrats!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.