WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

NAD Yamaha THR10

Post by WellyBlues »

No pics but it's seems like new, with the box and manual.

Thanks Kris. Good trader, will trade again. :thumbup:

Looking forward to be able to do little practices as breaks from work, at my desk. Work from home so it should be good.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: NAD Yamaha THR10

Post by Molly »

Cool! The bundled software is pretty good too. You can do re-amp stuff with it using the dry stereo signal.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

just had a little blat on the Lead amp. excellent. Not that I was using Kris' Gain settings! Will have to get into the software.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ha ha yeah i actually only had one high gain sound(preset 2).The editor has far more tweaking,cab sims and effect types etc.
The dry in option is cool but its not REALLY reamping, part of why i moved it on was i wanted more flexibilty with the ins/outs-certainly from a zero latency point of view its great to record dry with the thr as your monitor.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Kris wrote:ha ha yeah i actually only had one high gain sound(preset 2).The editor has far more tweaking,cab sims and effect types etc.
The dry in option is cool but its not REALLY reamping, part of why i moved it on was i wanted more flexibilty with the ins/outs-certainly from a zero latency point of view its great to record dry with the thr as your monitor.
Ah. I was just repeating something Phil-X said. Didn't actually understand it of course.... LOL

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

bahaha all good-its kinda re-amping in that you manipulate the dry signal,but its the physical send/return that it cant do.(not proper line levels anyway)

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Nice! I love mine. I'm not modelling fan in general but the THR10 is what I use at home for practice these days 90% of the time.
The editor has different types of delay and reverb you can preset too, but mostly I like the simplicity of the unit, and the fact it's very easy to get good sounds out of. Mostly I think Yamaha have done a great job in making it sound dynamic and touch sensitive.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

And it looks alright.

sidewinder
Squier
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by sidewinder »

Good stuff bro, tone on these is great.

The usb recording, editing software, etc. is all just icing imo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

This is top of my list for new modelling amp. I had trouble with Marshall Code not showing up in DAW as an input while using another interface to run my monitors (ASIO), so returned it. Softube models were good tho. Interested to know if this THR will show in DAW if also using another interface as primary sound device.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

@ Aquila;it depends on the DAW,i was using reaper which doesnt support aggregate devices but in the osx options i could input with the thr and have the output coming through the onboard speakers on my imac.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Kris wrote:@ Aquila;it depends on the DAW,i was using reaper which doesnt support aggregate devices but in the osx options i could input with the thr and have the output coming through the onboard speakers on my imac.
I tried Studio One 3 Pro and Cakewalk Sonar Producer to get the CODE to show up as an input while using my Presonus interface to run the monitors. Also tried ASIO4All and a Steinberg Asio server program, but no joy. Did not know using multiple interfaces is called 'aggregate devices'. I thought maybe was a Win 10 problem, but seem OSX too huh. Funny how a USB microphone will show up in a DAW as an input when using an interface as primary sound driver, but the CODE did not. Could just run XLR, but USB recording takes the preamps out of the equation, so would be more true to the intended sound of the models. If the THR can do this, it would probably persuade me.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I see there is no line out. Does the headphone jack defeat the internal speakers on this amp? If not, could reinforce the sound by plugging my presonus monitors into it. Ditch the audiobox and just use this as the interface. Anybody looking to move one on?

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

it does-call it an odd personal preference but i hate driving anything except headphones with a Phone socket.one of the reason i moved it on,and also the line 6 GX that i was otherwise totally happy with.
I dunno if you will have much luck 2nd hand-the two (including mine) for sale were the only ones ive seen in a long,long time.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Kris wrote:it does-call it an odd personal preference but i hate driving anything except headphones with a Phone socket. one of the reason i moved it
Marshall Code is the same deal. No dedicated line out. RS staff tried to convince me the sound out of the headphone jack is exactly the same sound quality as a line out would be, or even the USB. I was not convinced. However, for both amps people in reviews say to run to a mixer and PA via headphone jack, so maybe these ones can act as both. I dunno.