Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: Quilter Amps: Colour me surprised!

Post by sty »

bender wrote:
sty wrote:I was curious about this amp, in a tyre kicking way given the huge steps forward in stuff like Helix and the Amplifi etc. so open to looking at anything a bit new and well regarded.

Looked at the website, saw the prices for their comparable amps at US$299 (thought I'd seen the price for this one at the same but can't seem to find it today). I then looked at the trademe prices for Heywire and I simply can't fathom the pricing at NZ$999 for the same models at US$299 (which converts to about US$430), even adding in GST and some shipping that's a pretty impressive margin.

So, pretty much lost any interest at that point, if I was serious about a new amp I'd probably have looked at Ed's Soldano if I was in those prices.

I know it's hard as a boutique importer, but it doesn't half put a new spin on a budget/affordable product.
That's not right- his prices are pretty close to what you'd pay to import them. The $999NZ model (Bass Block 800) is $599US. Mine cost $550NZ vs $299US.
That's much more like it. I'm sure when I checked last night he had three listed (the bass one and a couple of standard minis and all were the same price.

but that current price makes a little more sense.

(correcting my original post)