Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: NGD: Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Post by bender »

Bg wrote:
bender wrote:
Bg wrote:intrigued by the mastery bridge, general consensus seems to be that its a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist?
No. General consensus is that they're bloody great. They solve the very real problems with standard JM bridges of strings slipping from the saddles and buzz due to not enough downforce/break angle. Lots of dudes using Buzz Stops will remove them once they get a Mastery Bridge. Oh, and the saddles rock instead of the whole bridge, which definitely helps tuning stability.
Bg wrote: Bloody expensive thing too...
Yes, therein lies the problem. A Mustang bridge is also a good solution to the same problems, but waaaaaaay cheaper. Correct shimming can also help with these problems.

I really love mine... but then it was free with my guitar.
Yes, I was talking specifically for tele. the mustang stuff is notoriously shite and the mastery is the solution. But with a tele it tends to be not shite and the addition of an expensive bridge doesn't alleviate the problem much more than the addition of an inexpensive bridge...
It's all down to what you're replacing. If the guitar has the typical bridge Fender used with Bigsbys (a Jazzmaster bridge), then there's definitely a benefit. But if you're building from scratch, not so much. A TOM with roller saddles or rocking bar bridge (like what I dropped around) will be just as good.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Keon, I LOVE that body shape. Some convenient time when I am near you, can I arrange to drop by and take a stencil, so that I can make one for myself? Or if I sent you postage, could you mail me a stencil please? I'd make it in korina with a rosewood/maple neck and a tele headstock.

Also the colours look great. Retro. Awesome. Really awesome.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

werdna wrote:Keon, I LOVE that body shape. Some convenient time when I am near you, can I arrange to drop by and take a stencil, so that I can make one for myself? Or if I sent you postage, could you mail me a stencil please? I'd make it in korina with a rosewood/maple neck and a tele headstock.

Cheers Andrew! Yeah it be better if you're around th area just give me a holla I'm not good at making things whatever it is haha
If you gonna make a korina one with Tele headstock I'll be keen as bean too! :thumbup:

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

KNNZ wrote:
werdna wrote:Keon, I LOVE that body shape. Some convenient time when I am near you, can I arrange to drop by and take a stencil, so that I can make one for myself? Or if I sent you postage, could you mail me a stencil please? I'd make it in korina with a rosewood/maple neck and a tele headstock.

Cheers Andrew! Yeah it be better if you're around th area just give me a holla I'm not good at making things whatever it is haha
If you gonna make a korina one with Tele headstock I'll be keen as bean too! :thumbup:
Thanks so much. I haven't been able to stop thinking about that Asher. I never knew they existed. Such a sweet take on the tele. Everything about it screams retro cool. I LOVE that thing.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.