werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Re: New MTS gear day

Post by werdna »

moliere wrote:Awesome, I've been keeping an eye on these. My band mate and I are both into MTS. He's got an RM4 and RT2/50 along with an RM100, and I'm running an RM100 with Clean, SL+, Recto, Blackface, Salvation JJ Dirt, JF Mark X, Salvation Legend, Salvation Dreadplate mods available. I think he's mainly using the 6505, Blackface and Ultra?

Keen to hear your thoughts after some time with it. I might go to the Synergy at some point.
Excellent to hear from you. I have the RM4 and RT2/50 with six modules, my favourite being a plexi module given the Jose mod by Ryan.

Is your mate with the RM4 on the forum? I have a question to ask him about the rig.

p.s. I bought Oleg's rig. Does weigh a ton but sounds good.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

werdna wrote: Is your mate with the RM4 on the forum? I have a question to ask him about the rig.
p.s. I bought Oleg's rig. Does weigh a ton but sounds good.
Nah, he's not on here. You on facebook? I can put you in touch.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Wicked. Love the idea of these. A VH4 is a bucket list amp for me, but even then I doubt it'd be all that usable. A module could be the way to go.
Loving it so far

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Moliere, I'd been interested to know whether you rate the SL+ as a hot Marshall unit.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Does anyone here have experience with the RM100 Head? This could be a new fun rabbithole...

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

werdna wrote:Moliere, I'd been interested to know whether you rate the SL+ as a hot Marshall unit.
I was pleasantly surprised, since it's a stock module. While I like the JJ Dirt a bit better for the stuff I'm doing, the SL+ could certainly find it's way on a bunch of tracks. Probably my favourite of the stock modules.

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

Mattallica wrote:Does anyone here have experience with the RM100 Head? This could be a new fun rabbithole...
Yep, I have one, it's my main amp. A few quirks, but solid. It's generally worth replacing the fan (it's quite noisy), the effects loop (both parallel and series) is line level, so make sure anything you plan to shove in there is capable. I recommend the 'Fog Lifter' or 'MDA' mod board to the presence/depth circuit as well. I currently use my Boss ES-8 to do the midi switching and it works sweet. It's also big and heavy, haha.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

moliere wrote:There's a ton of stuff being sold now that Synergy is out.
I should probably start lurking Grailtone forum haha.

So far the only Synergy module I'm interested in besides the Diezel is the Morgan AC. The Metroplex one sounded quite good but doubt I need it since I have a 2203.

I hope there'll be more coming soon but considering how long it took to get the first batch of products out I'm not holding my breath...
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sounds kinda cool :)

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

This one sounds pretty close to the actual amp. However the Plexi is loaded/reamped through a Fryette Power Station and the Synergy power amp was designed by Fryette too. That might contribute to some of the similarity too.
Amps:

Rack stuff:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Definitely looks homebrewable, would be cool if they sold DIY kits where you could put your own circuit board in :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

jeremyb wrote:Definitely looks homebrewable, would be cool if they sold DIY kits where you could put your own circuit board in :)
Yeah, the circuits aren't particularly complicated. The modders (Salvation / Jaded Faith etc) tended to goop their stuff which sucks when you want to go in and change something. Synergy aren't gonna do DIY though, they've said that already. They're only roping in boutique builders. There's a bit of info on taking the old stock randall modules and tweaking them on the forums, but it's kind of been secretive in the past because the modding companies wanted to keep their business I guess.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

jeremyb wrote:Sounds kinda cool :)

That first tone is kinda my dream tone

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

I wonder if the HBE module has as much gain as the actual amp. I tried the Friedman Runt 50 on my last US trip and it didn't have a lot of gain compared to a BE100, he probably did that on purpose since it's cheaper.
Amps:

Rack stuff:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

moliere wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Definitely looks homebrewable, would be cool if they sold DIY kits where you could put your own circuit board in :)
Yeah, the circuits aren't particularly complicated. The modders (Salvation / Jaded Faith etc) tended to goop their stuff which sucks when you want to go in and change something. Synergy aren't gonna do DIY though, they've said that already. They're only roping in boutique builders. There's a bit of info on taking the old stock randall modules and tweaking them on the forums, but it's kind of been secretive in the past because the modding companies wanted to keep their business I guess.
Someone needs to make an open source one, would be so cool! You could make decent money selling the kits...