Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 695 times

Re: New MTS gear day

Post by AiRdAd »

jeremyb wrote:
moliere wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Definitely looks homebrewable, would be cool if they sold DIY kits where you could put your own circuit board in :)
Yeah, the circuits aren't particularly complicated. The modders (Salvation / Jaded Faith etc) tended to goop their stuff which sucks when you want to go in and change something. Synergy aren't gonna do DIY though, they've said that already. They're only roping in boutique builders. There's a bit of info on taking the old stock randall modules and tweaking them on the forums, but it's kind of been secretive in the past because the modding companies wanted to keep their business I guess.
Someone needs to make an open source one, would be so cool! You could make decent money selling the kits...
R
That's precisely why they won't. They won't be able to attract the big name makers like Friedman etc, if other people can easily copy and sell friedman etc's designs and IP. You'd end up with what happened to keeley, with everyone copying his pedal mods.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
moliere wrote:
Yeah, the circuits aren't particularly complicated. The modders (Salvation / Jaded Faith etc) tended to goop their stuff which sucks when you want to go in and change something. Synergy aren't gonna do DIY though, they've said that already. They're only roping in boutique builders. There's a bit of info on taking the old stock randall modules and tweaking them on the forums, but it's kind of been secretive in the past because the modding companies wanted to keep their business I guess.
Someone needs to make an open source one, would be so cool! You could make decent money selling the kits...
R
That's precisely why they won't. They won't be able to attract the big name makers like Friedman etc, if other people can easily copy and sell friedman etc's designs and IP. You'd end up with what happened to keeley, with everyone copying his pedal mods.
Nahhh was more thinking people who tinker at home who might be the next friedman or keeley would come up with some neat shit :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Been keeping an eye on this tech since the Randall modules appeared, never tried any and disappointed that previous manufacturer forays sunk, however maybe this time it will stick. Hope so as it's such a rational solution ( aside from sims) to the multi amp dilemma. Might have to splash out on a module myself.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

jeremyb wrote:Nahhh was more thinking people who tinker at home who might be the next friedman or keeley would come up with some neat shit :)
Might actually be better to start with making rack or pedal preamps, lots of Russians do that. MTS is a very niche market. Salvation Mods did end up making pedals for Kirk Hammett's company so they definitely got somewhere, but there were only like 2-3 modders that focus on MTS anyway.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

AudioDW
Stagg
Stagg

Post by AudioDW »

i have a Egnater M4 with DLX VOX MOD and SL2 modules might thinking for sale as whole unit. Let me know if any one interested

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

AudioDW wrote:i have a Egnater M4 with DLX VOX MOD and SL2 modules might thinking for sale as whole unit. Let me know if any one interested
Hmm... M4s are hard to find... kinda interested, but supposed to be saving money...

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 589 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Can you use Randal MTS in the M4? are the channels midi switchable?
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by AiRdAd »

A module has just been listed on trademe
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

Love the MTS gear. My rig footswitches between Fender blackface clean, Fender tweed grind, modded plexi and top boost Vox preamps. The first two are run through 6L6s, the latter through EL34s. Meaty tube sounds. The MTS rig weighs the same as six Katanas.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

I’m totally gassing for this shit now :)
:mental:

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

werdna wrote:Can you use Randal MTS in the M4? are the channels midi switchable?
Yes.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

werdna wrote:Love the MTS gear. My rig footswitches between Fender blackface clean, Fender tweed grind, modded plexi and top boost Vox preamps. The first two are run through 6L6s, the latter through EL34s. Meaty tube sounds. The MTS rig weighs the same as six Katanas.
How does the Vox module sound through 6L6's? Keen for a Vox-type module but I don't have any EL84 or EL34 based power amp.
Amps:

Rack stuff:

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by werdna »

godgrinder wrote:
werdna wrote:Love the MTS gear. My rig footswitches between Fender blackface clean, Fender tweed grind, modded plexi and top boost Vox preamps. The first two are run through 6L6s, the latter through EL34s. Meaty tube sounds. The MTS rig weighs the same as six Katanas.
How does the Vox module sound through 6L6's? Keen for a Vox-type module but I don't have any EL84 or EL34 based power amp.
I'll try it out in a day or two and let you know.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Are there any chch people with an RM100?

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

Got a Cameron module today, sounding great and with all the controls there's a huge array of sounds available.
Amps:

Rack stuff: