godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

New MTS gear day

Post by godgrinder »

Been interested in the MTS format since a while. However there are too many horror stories about the Randall gear and Egnater ones were basically impossible to find. The new Synergy line are made in the same US factory that makes Friedman/Diezel (NA models)/Morgan/Tone King amps, and there are official modules licensed from/designed by some of their affiliates (Friedman BE/DS, Diezel VH4, Morgan AC, Metro Plex etc).

I got the single module preamp and a Diezel module, here's a quick clip:

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Soldano 4x12"
Speaker: Eminence Texas Heat
Recorded with Tascam DR-05
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Feared - Furor Incarnatus.

These are backward compatible with old Randall/Egnater gear so I might look into some Salvation Mods or Jaded Faith modules. If you have any for sale hit me up.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: New MTS gear day

Post by AiRdAd »

godgrinder wrote:Been interested in the MTS format since a while. However there are too many horror stories about the Randall gear and Egnater ones were basically impossible to find. The new Synergy line are made in the same US factory that makes Friedman/Diezel (NA models)/Morgan/Tone King amps, and there are official modules licensed from/designed by some of their affiliates (Friedman BE/DS, Diezel VH4, Morgan AC, Metro Plex etc).

I got the single module preamp and a Diezel module, here's a quick clip:

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Soldano 4x12"
Speaker: Eminence Texas Heat
Recorded with Tascam DR-05
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Feared - Furor Incarnatus.

These are backward compatible with old Randall/Egnater gear so I might look into some Salvation Mods or Jaded Faith modules. If you have any for sale hit me up.
I might be wrong, but i think there have been some modules floating around trademe over the last month or so. maybe a soldano one and one other one?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

moliere
Squier
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by moliere »

Awesome, I've been keeping an eye on these. My band mate and I are both into MTS. He's got an RM4 and RT2/50 along with an RM100, and I'm running an RM100 with Clean, SL+, Recto, Blackface, Salvation JJ Dirt, JF Mark X, Salvation Legend, Salvation Dreadplate mods available. I think he's mainly using the 6505, Blackface and Ultra?

Keen to hear your thoughts after some time with it. I might go to the Synergy at some point.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

So these are basically a solid state preamp in a cartridge like format?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

AiRdAd wrote:I might be wrong, but i think there have been some modules floating around trademe over the last month or so. maybe a soldano one and one other one?
I think there was a Splawn one that's been relisted a few times. Been considering about it but not sure if I actually need it, then he stopped relisting it. :rofl:
moliere wrote:Keen to hear your thoughts after some time with it. I might go to the Synergy at some point.
Are you in Auckland? Might be able to bring it to your rehearsal space for a test if that works for you, I'm keen to try the Salvation JJ module too.
jeremyb wrote:So these are basically a solid state preamp in a cartridge like format?
Valve, each module has 2x 12AX7 in it.
Amps:

Rack stuff:

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

jeremyb wrote:So these are basically a solid state preamp in a cartridge like format?
No, they're tube pres. Each module has two preamp tubes. The main system has a shared preamp tube for all modules.
They're functionally the same as the real amps.

*edit* too slow

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

godgrinder wrote: Are you in Auckland? Might be able to bring it to your rehearsal space for a test if that works for you, I'm keen to try the Salvation JJ module too.
Nah, Wellington unfortunately. I'm a big fan of the JJ Dirt.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by godgrinder »

moliere wrote:I'm a big fan of the JJ Dirt.
Cool, the main ones I'm considering at this stage are the JJ and the Cameron ones. Did you get your Salvation modules directly from them? How much were the postage generally?
Amps:

Rack stuff:

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

moliere wrote:Awesome, I've been keeping an eye on these. My band mate and I are both into MTS. He's got an RM4 and RT2/50 along with an RM100, and I'm running an RM100 with Clean, SL+, Recto, Blackface, Salvation JJ Dirt, JF Mark X, Salvation Legend, Salvation Dreadplate mods available. I think he's mainly using the 6505, Blackface and Ultra?
Love the Randall modular stuff. I used to own the RM4 and RT2/50, I think I sold it to somebody on the forum. Such great sounds, and all switchable. Too 'effing loud for my current needs though. But 50w stereo...Treadtplate to AC30 to DLX to Bassman to SLO...all right on the money and pristine tube tone. Who needs a Kemper, eh?

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

I got a couple of Salvation ones (Dreadplate/Legend) through Motor City Mods in the US, thinking they had them in stock (took AGES, and ended up coming straight from Salvation anyway, who was busy doing the audio show circuit with his new pedals). The JJ Dirt I got second hand off someone on the grailtone forums. There's a ton of stuff being sold now that Synergy is out. I *think* it was about $30US shipping. Not too silly.

moliere
Squier

Post by moliere »

olegmcnoleg wrote: I used to own the RM4 and RT2/50, I think I sold it to somebody on the forum.
Was that in a custom rack case? If so, it would be my band mate. Can't imagine there's heaps in the country.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Bloody cool!

Great to hear this stuff is getting revamped. Musicworks have a few empty RM100 on TM and they get me thinking every time i see.

Clean, crunch, hi gain, done

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

moliere wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote: I used to own the RM4 and RT2/50, I think I sold it to somebody on the forum.
Was that in a custom rack case? If so, it would be my band mate. Can't imagine there's heaps in the country.
Yes, it was all in a flight case, weighed a freaking tonne, mind. I guess there's maybe just one reason to get a Kemper then ;-)

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Oleg's true inner metaller is coming out.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Conway wrote:Oleg's true inner metaller is coming out.
You could be right...just thinking about that rig has me wanting another one...though maybe with 5w per side now, not 50w. Then I'll buy a pointy guitar and turn everything up to 11.