NAD - Laney LC15

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NAD - Laney LC15

Post by Mini Forklift »

Picked this up earlier this week but haven't had a chance to play it until now. Swapped out the old EL84's that were in it (they may even have been in when the amp was new); I do like how I have the option of running it through a cab.

Sounds a lot better now, actually surprised just how good his little beast sounds. The spring reverb on it is quite nice too :thumbup:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1339 times
Been liked: 2075 times

Re: NAD - Laney LC15

Post by GrantB »

Nice - good little amps
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

I had my eye on this, cool wee amp. Saw Oldie sniffing around too lol. Nice one Jim!

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

I have one of these. They are great!
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Dibs :)

Nice one mate
:mental:

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I have something similar but with controls on top, killer little amp for toan in a light, compact package. Real spring reverb, EQ that works, nice drive and clean channels and a proper jensen speaker. it's fantastic

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Had a good play through it yesterday, running in stereo with my Jet City head sounds glorious.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Olderama wrote:Dibs :)

Nice one mate
Noted!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

I don't think laney were underrated, they were just incredibly uncool for years for no apparent reason :( The new resurgence is awesome tho', plenty of tasty gear I'd like to own!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Just checked kine, it's a VC-15. Would be interesting to try the two next to each other and work out what the difference is. There's a VC15, LC 15, Ironheart 15, Cub 12 and Lionheart 20 so an impressive range of 1x12 combo amps!

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

VC = vox-ish, LC = fenderish, is my understanding. The rest have their own things going on

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 1395 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Lionheart are single ended real class A. My 2x12 sounded better than the 65 Amps head I had.

Laney make great amps, I remember in the UK back in the 80’s when they were highly rated and you saw them on stage and TV all the time.

Then the cork sniffer movement happened and they fell out of favour as they were born much later than Fender and Marshall so weren’t considered as pioneers or collectible. Booteek amps came next but now I think many are seeing past the overpriced ruse that many are and are looking for well built, reliable amps that sound great. Laney fit that description very well.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by codedog »

My IRT-30 is probably the most versatile yet simple amp I have ever had... which admittedly is a relatively small number. It just fits the requirements, both in sound and cost. They are definitely very well built but the IRT-30 does have a design aspect that bugs me. The handles are at the two ends of the top, makes carrying somewhat awkward!

The Ironheart series is often seen as high gain metal amps, but they can do very nice bluesy crunch and rock tones.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1057 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

I've got a 1989 aor 50. It's basically a jcm800 with an added gain stage and some funky switching options. It's a total doom and sludge machine. Lots of fun, built like shit with nothing matching the schematic, but that's all part of the charm.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Just spent 90mins on it, really is lovely. Ran it through my cab to see what it sounded like but TBH I actually prefer it coming out of the amp, little 10' Celestion an' all :)

IMO the cleans sound quite Fender-y.