Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

NPD Friedman BE-OD

Post by Delayman »

I just sat down tonight to play on the BE-OD I bought from Marshmallow (thanks fella!).

All I can say is...I can almost shred! I even managed some relatively convincing arpeggios! I'd forgotten about that stuff. I was never a real shredder but I did grow up around the time Satriani came out - so I'm a little influenced by that era.

Very honeymoonish at the moment - the huge amount of gain won't be everybody's cup of tea and it might wear thin.

Straight away i could dial in Enter Sandman rhythm , Always with You lead etc. I think it may be a relatively narrow range of sounds, but it's one I'm happy to have on tap.

Pretty happy with this one.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: NPD Friedman BE-OD

Post by Molly »

Delayman wrote:
Very honeymoonish at the moment - the huge amount of gain won't be everybody's cup of tea and it might wear thin.
Love the Pete Thorn demo of this pedal. He says during the clip that he managed to get one of the best recorded tones he's ever had using the BE-OD.

Think there's a lower gain switch inside by the way. Pretty sure. Might make it more your thing once the novelty starts to wear off. :thumbup:

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Love the amp. The pedal would be a sweet little substitute.
Make Music Great Again

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

Molly wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Love the Pete Thorn demo of this pedal. He says during the clip that he managed to get one of the best recorded tones he's ever had using the BE-OD.

Think there's a lower gain switch inside by the way. Pretty sure. Might make it more your thing once the novelty starts to wear off. :thumbup:
Yep there is a trimpot inside. I watched the Pete thorn demo before buying. I was enjoying the pick attack which is problem with some higher gain pedals (couldn’t stand the wamppler pinnacle).
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Delayman wrote:...but I did grow up around the time Satriani came out
Didn't even know he was that way inclined!

Kinda guessed it would be a good pedal, nice score. Enjoy :-)

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Delayman wrote:I just sat down tonight to play on the BE-OD I bought from Marshmallow (thanks fella!).

All I can say is...I can almost shred! I even managed some relatively convincing arpeggios! I'd forgotten about that stuff. I was never a real shredder but I did grow up around the time Satriani came out - so I'm a little influenced by that era.

Straight away i could dial in Enter Sandman rhythm , Always with You lead etc. I think it may be a relatively narrow range of sounds, but it's one I'm happy to have on tap.

Did you try it with the voltage doubler.? :D

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

Marshmallow wrote:
Delayman wrote:I just sat down tonight to play on the BE-OD I bought from Marshmallow (thanks fella!).

Did you try it with the voltage doubler.? :D
Actually not yet - next time.