Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: New Stuff Day

Post by Molly »

Mine live in their cases in the wardrobe these days. I don't have a guitar room / office at present so they'd be vulnerable if I just left them out (wee kids running around). Also, the temperature in the bedroom doesn't fluctuate much (well, maybe an occasional minor increase but that only lasts about two minutes...).

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

I can't see the *strandberg?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mattallica wrote:I can't see the *strandberg?
On the shelf to the left I think.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

olegmcnoleg wrote: I use a dehumidifier, and I find I play the guitars more if I have them out, and not locked away in cases.
yeah I'm the same. I feel bad about how little I play some of them, so I leave most of them out on stands.
I also get super guilty about not playing my White Falcon enough, so it's on a stand by the couch. I still barely ever play it though, always ends up being my strat.

Funnily enough the only guitars in cases are my Les Paul and Firebird, the two I gig with, they only really come out for rehearsals and shows
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

kwhelan wrote:I use a dehumidifier, and I find I play the guitars more if I have them out, and not locked away in cases.

I Suspected as much re the playing,
what is this humidity you speak of
Hawkes Bay its sits on zero and the sun is so bad, there's only two places in the world where fabrics aren't covered for fading and Hawkes Bay is one of them. Some car colors just aren't worth ordering here and your fancy smancy outdoor furniture only looks good for one season and its history
You are lucky to live there, it is a great part of the world. (coming out there just after Christmas for a holiday in fact).

But I've been there is winter, and you certainly have humidity then, same as everywhere else in NZ.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:It took me about 5 years after the earthquakes to be able to have guitars out on stands / hangers and not in hardcases in a safe place, no damage to my guitars during the quakes as they were all in cases then, altho' one of the cases got mashed by a 6' bookcase that fell on it, but the guitar survived :)
None of my guitars on hangers were harmed, in fact they faced the least danger, the instruments in cases potentially were exposed to crushing.

Just a gentle sway for those on hangers.
Tin arse!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7647 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Terexgeek wrote:
jeremyb wrote:It took me about 5 years after the earthquakes to be able to have guitars out on stands / hangers and not in hardcases in a safe place, no damage to my guitars during the quakes as they were all in cases then, altho' one of the cases got mashed by a 6' bookcase that fell on it, but the guitar survived :)
None of my guitars on hangers were harmed, in fact they faced the least danger, the instruments in cases potentially were exposed to crushing.

Mmm we had violent shakes that threw most of the house across the room, ones on hangers on walls would have gone thru the gib I would have imagined :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Molly wrote:
Mattallica wrote:I can't see the *strandberg?
On the shelf to the left I think.
Correct - both my 6 and 7 are on the shelf. They don’t hang on the wall very well!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

jeremyb wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:

Mmm we had violent shakes that threw most of the house across the room, ones on hangers on walls would have gone thru the gib I would have imagined :(
Yes, if I lived near CCH, this would be a concern... the guitars swaying gently on the hangers as the house crashes into them at > 2g.