Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: HNAD x3

Post by Molly »

Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:have you/did you/are you selling the kemper then?
Yes. :thumbup:
Hold it! Just a minute! What?! Wasn't the Kemper the end to having to buy (and sell) every different amp known to man?!
Yes. But I don't think I'm the first one here to have a Kemper and then not have a Kemper.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Molly wrote:
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:
Yes. :thumbup:
Hold it! Just a minute! What?! Wasn't the Kemper the end to having to buy (and sell) every different amp known to man?!
Yes. But I don't think I'm the first one here to have a Kemper and then not have a Kemper.
I had mine for a couple of years, not a couple of days. :moresarc: :lol:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:
Conway wrote: Hold it! Just a minute! What?! Wasn't the Kemper the end to having to buy (and sell) every different amp known to man?!
Guys. Have a fucking day off.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Molly wrote:Guys. Have a fucking day off.
I did. Yesterday. :twisted:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

ooohhhh, I bet a fucking day off is much better than a normal day off.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

so was the Kemper too much work for you? Not being snarky, but I guess you like to be able to play with the amp dials to get instant result, I don't know if the Kemper allows you to do it like that. Or did you not like the sounds? Given the range of amps you've heard you're in a good position to comment on the tones.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I'm a current Kemper owner, so thought I'd chime in. The front panel allows some mild tweaking of the amp via the usual controls, and for effects tweaking as well. But if you want to change the sound more radically (say from clean to overdrive, you need to change preset (to the overdrive version of the amp profile...you usually get a bunch of different profiles for any given amp, to give the range of the possibilities it offers. So it is not the same as real amp. I think the sounds are great, especially for recording or practicing with the volume backed off or through headphones because it still sounds awesome. Or even lazy gigging so you don't have to carry an amp and cab in, just hook up to the PA. it is the one piece of gear I own that I can honestly say that my family like it just as much as I do.

I still have a tube amp though, coz, well, tubes.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

WellyBlues wrote:so was the Kemper too much work for you? Not being snarky, but I guess you like to be able to play with the amp dials to get instant result, I don't know if the Kemper allows you to do it like that. Or did you not like the sounds? Given the range of amps you've heard you're in a good position to comment on the tones.
I think it is more he likes to buy and sell stuff more than tone chasing....addiction I think its called :crazy:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Conway wrote:
I did. Yesterday. :twisted:
I've had one today thanks to the rain

Got to CRANK the Katana on all 3 wattage setting ...... fuck I love this thing

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Molly wrote:
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:
Guys. Have a fucking day off.
It's part of the banter – I'm just as...prolific...as you are but it's with bass gear so no one pays any attention.

I mean, right now I have a Shift Line Olympic III, Aguilar Tonehammer, and a VT Bass DI on the way to me, all of which are bass preamps. I had a Tonehammer I sold to buy a Mesa Subway DI. Didn't work out at all so I bought another Tonehammer within 3 days. That's mental. And now I bought an absurdly expensive tube one in the Olympic and an Ampeg type as well. I mean, wtf am I doing?

If you don't want the bants, don't advertise the comings and goings
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

TmcB wrote:I'm just as...prolific...as you are but it's with bass gear so no one pays any attention.

If you don't want the bants, don't advertise the comings and goings
exactly

Tony you don't put up NGD every few days say how great this or that is ... look at a guy like Oldie, I think he is actually worse than molly, but he doesn't post all of his comings and goings and in general they are in the lower $ value so go unnoticed :rofl:

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

willow13 wrote:put up NGD every few days say how great this or that is
Gotta start the advertising early on if you know that everything that passes through your hands will be sold in the near future. :wink:

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

personally, i like seeing all the gear come and go.A dude who was in my band had basically the same setup forever and was constantly ragging my constant flow of gear.But he was a bit guy,doing his thing and the band was 100% my passion with me leading the way.Some people sit on gear and are happy, some are curious and itchy .Keep being you molly!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4158 times

Post by jeremyb »

I love watching the ins and outs too, amazes me what cool gear is out there in NZ and even more amazes me how quickly a lot of this high end stuff sells, way better than the low end gear!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

And more to the point-from my experience my gear changes with what im doing at that point in time.Big fuzzy doom stack doesnt suit a super tight tech death band etc, and im guessing thats even less so if its just you at home noodling in your shed! i struggle to post the most mundane things so i give mad props to brian for turning over what he does.Sending an amp is top of the CBF list for me!