sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Re: Home practice setup looks different to last century

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Guitar > Amp + Youtube - maybe this is why I'm not getting very far.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

My practice setup is about the same as what it was 25 years ago (except I had a 4x12 in my bedroom back then)!

Couple of amps, couple of pedals... um that’s about it. Simple man, happy man. My main technological advance was going from a 9v powered tuner on the floor to a battery powered tuner that clips on my guitar.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:OMG don't show slowly, his head would burst!
I don't get it. I thought this was about guitar gear. What does a picture of a couple of pieces of printed cardboard have to do with anything?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

I'm liking the Mackie big knob as a little hub; run the amp modeller into that, with either a phone playing songs/tracks/YT or a laptop playing ableton/songs/tracks/YT and a couple of headphone outs... and I can have the piano plugged in at the same time and just switch between for next time. Good fun.

But I guess the idea is to do this more than once or twice to make it 'practice?'
:)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...