Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: NGD & review: Fender Elite Strat

Post by jeremyb »

Car wise it's model T or nothing for me! :lol: But yeah, I tend to agree, even if it's a mexi, theres something wonderful about having a fender logo on the neck :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Yup, I'm the same. Can't explain nor justify any technical differences or advantages, it's completely intangible. I wouldn't really call it "inspirational" but that's probably the closest term for it.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

Terexgeek wrote: You are happy to buy a seventies Stratocaster sight unseen?
That's a weird question. But to answer, I do not like 70s strats, so I wouldn't be buying one in any case.

I'm very happy with my 2001 AVRI62. It's got all the specs I like in my favourite colour (Inca Silver!).

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

Last edited by mrmofo on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

I prefer to go for something someone else or co. has improved on like the Suhr Strat hmm i Feel like this discussion has happened a million times lol :mental: :mrgreen:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

It's mildly amusing to watch people trying to get others to justify their reason for wanting "Fender" of certain types...

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

codedog wrote:It's mildly amusing to watch people trying to get others to justify their reason for wanting "Fender" of certain types...
I wonder why they care? I certainly do not care what other people want to buy. You like Suhrs? G&Ls? Tom Andersons? Whatever else? Good for you, enjoy it, have a blast (I'm not saying that sarcastically). I do not care "why".

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

sunburster wrote:
That's a weird question. But to answer, I do not like 70s strats, so I wouldn't be buying one in any case.

I'm very happy with my 2001 AVRI62. It's got all the specs I like in my favourite colour (Inca Silver!).
I was merely curious because your main stipulation for a Strat was the "Fender" logo, it seems you have other requirements too, which seems more logical.
Tin arse!!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I'm equally bemused by people expecting a justification for selling a guitar. Because I feel like it. Exactly the same as my justification for buying.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

sunburster wrote:
codedog wrote:It's mildly amusing to watch people trying to get others to justify their reason for wanting "Fender" of certain types...
I wonder why they care? I certainly do not care what other people want to buy. You like Suhrs? G&Ls? Tom Andersons? Whatever else? Good for you, enjoy it, have a blast (I'm not saying that sarcastically). I do not care "why".
I am curious as to why and how people become "connected" to a brand, as I'm not immune to the connection either. It goes down with my fascination and interest in our human psychology, sociology and culture. I apologise if you felt judged, if you search my posts you will see I have tastes and own guitars that many here would probably look down their noses at, to each their own.

I am also curious as to why more people don't care to know how companies attract an emotional following, both from a "make more cash" perspective as well as a "don't manipulate me" basis. But again, to each their own.
Tin arse!!

sunburster
Squier

Post by sunburster »

Terexgeek wrote: I was merely curious because your main stipulation for a Strat was the "Fender" logo, it seems you have other requirements too, which seems more logical.
There are a bazillion Fender Strats to choose from, each with the logo on the classic headstock. Of course nearly everyone likes certain specs or different years. I thought that was so obvious as to not require mention, but here we are.

You seem to have interpreted "Fender Strat" as a starting point to mean "any Fender Strat will do even sight unseen", which is a bizarre and illogical conclusion to arrive at.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Terexgeek wrote:
sunburster wrote:

I was merely curious because your main stipulation for a Strat was the "Fender" logo, it seems you have other requirements too, which seems more logical.
That'd be me there, Craig :wave: :lol: :wink: Absolutely no reason beyond "I just want it!"

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

It was more the "it must be a Fender" basis, rather than "I prefer modern/vintage/baseball bat necks, high/low/vintage output pick-ups etc..."

No offense I have played some wonderful Fenders and Squiers, I have also played some really uninspiring ones, just dead, no personality, no resonance and uninteresting tones. Molly's Strat at the Gearfest was phenomenally great sounding, but bearing in mind it's a Custom Shop I wouldn't expect to purchase one as good off the shelf in the standard range easily. It's worth pointing out it didn't scratch the itch Molly's sorting, so he moved it on.

If you must have a Fender logo, power to you, but I don't think words describing other brands as "imitations" really helps.
Tin arse!!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

sunburster wrote:
Terexgeek wrote: I was merely curious because your main stipulation for a Strat was the "Fender" logo, it seems you have other requirements too, which seems more logical.
There are a bazillion Fender Strats to choose from, each with the logo on the classic headstock. Of course nearly everyone likes certain specs or different years. I thought that was so obvious as to not require mention, but here we are.

You seem to have interpreted "Fender Strat" as a starting point to mean "any Fender Strat will do even sight unseen", which is a bizarre and illogical conclusion to arrive at.
You didn't really answer the "imitations" I had, I can understand not liking the design/sound ethos of G&L or Musicman from a taste perspective, describing them as "imitations" doesn't seem fair.
Tin arse!!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Terexgeek wrote: No offense I have played some wonderful Fenders and Squiers, I have also played some really uninspiring ones, just dead, no personality, no resonance and uninteresting tones. Molly's Strat at the Gearfest was phenomenally great sounding, but bearing in mind it's a Custom Shop I wouldn't expect to purchase one as good off the shelf in the standard range easily. It's worth pointing out it didn't scratch the itch Molly's sorting, so he moved it on.

If you must have a Fender logo, power to you, but I don't think words describing other brands as "imitations" really helps.
I wholeheartedly agree with you there, especially on the "imitations" front. I have played wonderful Squiers but they didn't stay with me for long. I have a Mexi Strat now and am perfectly happy with it. Not sure if I would call it "wonderful" but it's keeping me content. Mind you, I suspect my definition of "wonderful" is likely to be considerably lower or, if I'm lucky, just different, than others'.

Sorry Conway... I'll stop highjacking your thread now...