NAD • Laney LH50R

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NAD • Laney LH50R

Post by Mini Forklift »

Just picked this up today. This is from one of the first runs so it's made in the UK (circa early 2000's), supposedly the later ones were made in China. Has been re-housed in some lovely old rimu that was taken from some old church pews!

Has recently been rebiased to run 6L6's, which personally I prefer over EL34's :thumbup:

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: NAD • Laney LH50R

Post by Kris »

Nice! I really like a few of the laneys of that era.Just a shame they are so unreliable.Itll be fine if it stays in the house:)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

This one’s been gigged pretty heavily, but I’ve been told it’s never missed a beat

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Just been playing the LP through it for the last half hour :thumbup:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Just been listening to demos of that delay you're selling.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:Just been listening to demos of that delay you're selling.
It really is good. With this amp I just run it in the FX Loop with just a single repeat fairly set quite low in the mix, exactly how Matt Schofield uses his delay. Kind of wasting the pedals potential but hey, it's doing the job well.

The one on TM is a spare I bought to go with the JTM45, but realised afterwards it doesn't have an FX Loop and I don't really like running delays in the front.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

So I gave PaulWD from on here this amp for a week just to have a look over and put in some NOS 1960's RCA Black Plate 6L6's. Turns out it was running at around 28w, so with some tweaks it's now running at 45w with probably a little more headroom. He told me it's actually a lot cleaner than he expected it to be, I think both he and I thought it might have been running fairly hot which it isn't.

No major repairs done to it, capacitor is marked October 1998 so it's good to know it's likely to be pre-2000. I really do like this thing :thumbup:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Changed all of the knobs over today, now it really has its' own distinct kind of look :thumbup: